The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hat Trick Maker

Yeah no **** but which ones? I've looked at some stores to no avail.

Yea I'm just F*ckin' with you, maybe go in to any place with a high amount of magazines or even a game shop and find out if they will order it for you?tongue.gif

I hope with the new Elder Scrolls is that they keep it as a medieval style. Too much magic or too much of a futuristic style/fantasy world would definitely ruin the game imo.

There was a lot of Magic in elder scrolls Oblivion though, and I'd argue that having magic is still pretty medieval. But I do agree with the futuristic stuff, but then again, a game like Fable 2/3 moved from medieval to dipping their toes into the industrial age and I still felt it kept it's medieval charm (despite poor gameplay in comparison to Oblivion).

<br />There was a lot of Magic in elder scrolls Oblivion though, and I'd argue that having magic is still pretty medieval. But I do agree with the futuristic stuff, but then again, a game like Fable 2/3 moved from medieval to dipping their toes into the industrial age and I still felt it kept it's medieval charm (despite poor gameplay in comparison to Oblivion).<br />

Yes, and Oblivion was pretty much perfect in terms of the medieval aspect and having the freedom to do as you please. I hope they don't tinker with this too much. The magic is fine as well, I understand it makes part of the game. I wouldn't be pleased if magic and futuristic landscapes, fantasy lands, etc became the setting of the game. Like the Shivering Isles, it was enjoyable no doubt but I just it to be too much of a fantasy land like something you would read in a book or see out of a movie. The setting in comparison to Oblivion was quite different and I didn't like it as much.

I'm a bit of a medieval nut playing Age of Empires for nearly a decade so it would be a shame if Bethesda altered the setting too much.

Yes, and Oblivion was pretty much perfect in terms of the medieval aspect and having the freedom to do as you please. I hope they don't tinker with this too much. The magic is fine as well, I understand it makes part of the game. I wouldn't be pleased if magic and futuristic landscapes, fantasy lands, etc became the setting of the game. Like the Shivering Isles, it was enjoyable no doubt but I just it to be too much of a fantasy land like something you would read in a book or see out of a movie. The setting in comparison to Oblivion was quite different and I didn't like it as much.

I'm a bit of a medieval nut playing Age of Empires for nearly a decade so it would be a shame if Bethesda altered the setting too much.

Skyrim should be more truely medieval themed than Oblivion was, I thought Oblivion's Cyrodil landscape tried a little too hard to mimic the look and feel of the LoTR movies. My favorite Elder Scrolls setting {so far} was the isle of Solstheim in the Bloodmoon expansion for ES3; Morrowind, this was a hostile, mysterious and moody Nordish wilderness with only a few pockets of civilization, not some happy fairyland, the same as Skyrim should be.

Magic should definately be a large part of any ES game, I mean its a fantasy setting with gods, dragons and undead etc after all, not a real world 12th century simulation. I just hope that Skyrim's magic system is better than Oblivion's. I also hope they reduce the number of canned McDungeons and fix the ghey leveling system.

I think Microsoft (not sure about Sony) is deadset against things like that in their games... :unsure:

So I wouldn't bet on it. :P:lol::(

You should be able to talk to a woman and cue different things to say in speech like Mass Effect. That would make Skyrim that much better. Even though it will already be awesome.

The makers of Skyrim said they know the girls looked ugly before so now they want to make them look good looking..but what's even the point if you only talk to them. That would be awesome if you could get married eventually. Settle down in a town of your choice.

Hahaha. I'm thinking too much here.

Actually, screw that. Save the promiscuity for real life.

You should be able to talk to a woman and cue different things to say in speech like Mass Effect. That would make Skyrim that much better. Even though it will already be awesome.

The makers of Skyrim said they know the girls looked ugly before so now they want to make them look good looking..but what's even the point if you only talk to them. That would be awesome if you could get married eventually. Settle down in a town of your choice.

Maybe you could have children, too!

Haha... Isn't that the point of playing an "RPG". Do everything you can without the consequences :P

Archived