The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

I understand we are an expansion team and losing is somewhat expected but for fracks sakes its starting to wear on me.. The defense is downright laughable bad.

I have to ask the question again why the hell did we waste a dp spot on Jarju...? he's not even in the starting lineup anymore altho ive heard that's because he's fasting for ramadan which leads me to question his signing even more.

Management is really going to have to prove themselves in the off-season. Im not really convinced Sohen is capable of bring in the right talent and from what ive read from DC fans they absolutely hated him.

Well good thing Sohen isn't our manager for next year.

He is eating during the day on game days. My point was its a month every season we're going to have to deal with him not being able to play a full 90 nor play anywhere near his potential.

We're talking about someone who was playing in Belgium. Consider this, the champions of Belgium go into the 3rd qualifying round - champions route of the Champions League while the runners up go into the 3rd qualifying round - league finish.

Not exactly Ligue 1 or the English Premier League.

We're talking about someone who was playing in Belgium. Consider this, the champions of Belgium go into the 3rd qualifying round - champions route of the Champions League while the runners up go into the 3rd qualifying round - league finish.

Not exactly Ligue 1 or the English Premier League.

Yeah my whole point was were wasting a DP spot and valuable cash on this guy when we have so many more obvious holes to fill. This ain't the canucks the whitecaps don't make boatloads of cash and while i believe we have a very good ownership group i doubt very much were going to see them throwing millions at a guy like LA.

Yeah my whole point was were wasting a DP spot and valuable cash on this guy when we have so many more obvious holes to fill. This ain't the canucks the whitecaps don't make boatloads of cash and while i believe we have a very good ownership group i doubt very much were going to see them throwing millions at a guy like LA.

You actually interpreted it wrong, or I wasn't clear enough. Jarju is probably trying to become familiar with the MLS game. I highly doubt that the Leagues he was in before are as physical as MLS is. Not to mention, the difference in pace and overall skill.

It took Hassli about 6 matches to figure everything out, and he was playing full time too, you know, when he wasn't being red-carded and subsequently suspended. Not to mention, Hassli also has about 5 years on Jarju.

LA is playing for now. It would appear that the Whitecaps are building for the future. Is the money they're spending on Jarju a little excessive right now? Yeah, considering how little he's playing.

forget jarju, i can live with him struggling to find his feet in this league for the rest of the season... he's shown some promises in his first few caps, so i'm not writing him off yet...

the one thing i'm confused about is why does soehn insist on playing vagenas in central midfield? my understanding was that thorrington there would've been better? not that it matters anymore for now...

can't wait till rennie takes over... i'm pretty sure he'll be able to use his players effectively, unlike soehn...

<br />forget jarju, i can live with him struggling to find his feet in this league for the rest of the season... he's shown some promises in his first few caps, so i'm not writing him off yet...<br /><br />the one thing i'm confused about is why does soehn insist on playing vagenas in central midfield? my understanding was that thorrington there would've been better? not that it matters anymore for now...<br /><br />can't wait till rennie takes over... i'm pretty sure he'll be able to use his players effectively, unlike soehn...<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Would love to see the Whitecaps to use their last dp on the midfield position. Vagenas is not effective and Thorrington is too injury prone.

<br /><br /><br />

Would love to see the Whitecaps to use their last dp on the midfield position. Vagenas is not effective and Thorrington is too injury prone.

Yep, they need a solid central midfielder. I'm also confused about using another DP on a striker when our two strikers have been the most effective part of our team to date.

Good win on Saturday!

Hopefully they continue to purge the back line. This squad needs a complete makeover. Waiving Knight is a good start.

DeMerit, Rochat and Boxall are a good start. They need a good right back that can attack and defend. I think the 'Caps biggest needs are a good holding midfielder and a good attacking midfielder.