The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Anybody else excited for the Euro?

For my bud S7C: That game in November or so was a disgrace by the refs that screwed Scotland out but as a neutral fan going in at this point, who's your team you're going to cheer for? Any team you're rooting against?

Everybody else feel free to chime in too.

The game against the Czech's at Hampden back in September? Don't remind me haha. I was furious.

I'm rooting for the Germans. I love Germany as a country and have been a fan since Euro 2008, so I hope they win. Hope the Irish do well too, although they're in a difficult group. And Sweden in Group D.

If they all go out, anyone but England :P

I should make another fantasy league for this. Or if Yahoo do their prediction thing again. I tend to make ones at the start of football seasons and then forget about them, but the Euros is a pretty short tournament so I usually do OK.

The game against the Czech's at Hampden back in September? Don't remind me haha. I was furious.

I'm rooting for the Germans. I love Germany as a country and have been a fan since Euro 2008, so I hope they win. Hope the Irish do well too, although they're in a difficult group. And Sweden in Group D.

If they all go out, anyone but England :P

I should make another fantasy league for this. Or if Yahoo do their prediction thing again. I tend to make ones at the start of football seasons and then forget about them, but the Euros is a pretty short tournament so I usually do OK.

I still am :mad:

anyway, moving on, Go Oranje. Spain is going to miss Puyol, that cannot be understated, Barca missed him so much too and it seems like so many Spaniards are carrying knock, Xavi, Iniesta and Pique for starters, Villa cannot be fit and Torres will be burnt out with his recent exploits for the rent boys :lol:

So, with that, I reckon it will be a rematch from the 1974 World Cup Final but quite the roles reversed with Germany playing the fluent stylish football with the Dutch intent in kicking anything in white that moves.

I cant wait!!!

As for the Premier league, congrats to Citeh, they deserve it, we dont, pure and simple and I have no problem with that :sadno:

:lol:

I don't think it's that ridiculous. Especially with Rooney out (for the first 2 games anyway).

England need a player who can put the ball in the back of the net, and Hooper's the most in form striker at the moment. In saying that, I don't care about England so if they don't take him it's their loss.

Edited by Scottish⑦Canuck