The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Long time no see. Welcome back.

Worst I've seen Celtic play since... Elfsborg away. We've been horrendous so far this season. No creativity in the lineup whatsoever.

Yeah, I come and read sometimes. Just not much to add.

Thankfully the second leg of the Celtic SKG is on SNET. Interesting reading up a bit on Kazakhstan (I will admit I got side tracked and started reading about Azerbaijan and Uzbekistan too).

League cup tie tomorrow between Villa-Rotherham is a replay of the first ever league cup finale. Free tickets for anyone who saw the match live! (1961)

Yeah, I come and read sometimes. Just not much to add.

Thankfully the second leg of the Celtic SKG is on SNET. Interesting reading up a bit on Kazakhstan (I will admit I got side tracked and started reading about Azerbaijan and Uzbekistan too).

League cup tie tomorrow between Villa-Rotherham is a replay of the first ever league cup finale. Free tickets for anyone who saw the match live! (1961)

Yeah, it's a slightly bizarre but interesting country.

I have tickets to the game tonight. Hoping that Karagandy crumble with the atmosphere should Celtic get an early goal.

• Group A: Manchester United, Bayer Leverkusen, Real Sociedad, Shakhtar Donetsk
  • Group B: Galatasaray, Real Madrid, FC Copenhagen, Juventus
  • Group C: Benfica, Anderlecht, Olympiakos, Paris St-Germain
  • Group D: Bayern Munich, CSKA Moscow, Viktoria Plzen, Manchester City
  • Group E: Schalke, Steaua Bucharest, Chelsea, FC Basel
  • Group F: Marseille, Arsenal, Napoli, Borussia Dortmund
  • Group G: Austria Vienna, Porto, Atletico Madrid, Zenit St Petersburg
  • Group H: AC Milan, Celtic, Barcelona, Ajax

Celtic are in for a tough task. Really, really, really difficult group. In saying that, we did the "impossible" last year, so might do OK. We can beat anyone at Celtic Park. My hugely, hugely ambitious predictions. Bold to go through, italics third place.

Edited by Scottish⑦Canuck

Sooo, would you pay 86M for Bale?

He's a talented player, but he isn't close to being up there with the best. I wouldn't even pay 50.

He's acted like a spoiled child throughout this whole process too. Not happy until he gets what he wants and doesn't care for anyone else. The fact that he trademarked his crappy little celebration says all you need to know about him as a person IMO.

He's a talented player, but he isn't close to being up there with the best. I wouldn't even pay 50.

He's acted like a spoiled child throughout this whole process too. Not happy until he gets what he wants and doesn't care for anyone else. The fact that he trademarked his crappy little celebration says all you need to know about him as a person IMO.

Have to agree with ya here. Paying more than they did for Ronaldo makes me throw up in my mouth. He's also a bit injury prone. Tottenham doing brilliant business trying to get this money out of Madrid.

Real Madrid fans don't care about €€€

The stadium has been ready for his presentacion for 5 days

Have you ever watched Alderweireld or Guilavogui?

I don't watch much of Ajax but I know that Alderweireld is a good player. I'd be delighted if Atletico bought him. It would make our job against Ajax a little easier, especially with Eriksen already gone.

Not too expensive either.

Edited by Scottish⑦Canuck

I don't watch much of Ajax but I know that Alderweireld is a good player. I'd be delighted if Atletico bought him. It would make our job against Ajax a little easier, especially with Eriksen already gone.

Not too expensive either.

He is in Madrid for medicals today, thanks!