The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

You do realize that Leicester is about to sign Yuto Nagatomo yes?

And they were linked to Dante until he agreed to sign for Wolfsburg today. Ranieri getting some big name players.

French media linking United with Monaco striker Anthony Martial, with a 50M euro bid made.

Now THAT would be the worst signing of all time, ahead of Di Maria, Falcao, Carroll, Torres, Balotelli, anyone. What a horrendous price tag. I'd pay 12-15m Euros, tops, and even then, Charlie Austin would be a far better signing.

^What??

Yes 50M euros is expensive, but Martial is the hottest prospect in French football atm. He has better potential than Lacazette or Fekir. Not saying he would be a world beater but he would not be on par with those players at all for bad buys.

Edit: in a world were Raheem Sterling, coming off a horrible season, costs £49M its not nearly as bad as you make it out to be.

Edited by I R Baboon

i think charlie austin would be a good signing for united. he's proven in england, and should be available for relatively cheap.

wouldn't be opposed to martial either, but he isn't going to be a massive influence on the squad right away, i don't think. and that is a massive price tag to pay for a prospect when the team needs a lot of help right now.

would rather have ibra.

I would love Ibra as well, but his and LvG relationship is not good at all. It just pisses me off that, we sell RVP and Falcao early in the window and dont try to replace them there are 48 hours until the window closes.

Edited by I R Baboon

I agree IRB, and there seems to be a shared consensus of pure confusion and frustration with LvG over on RedCafe.net -- the Martial signing just doesn't make sense for RIGHT NOW at all.

It's funny seeing the Caf members freaking out. None of them want Austin ("pub player"), most don't want Pato, and none of them seem to want anything less than Ibra or Ronaldo.

United is going through a serious identity crisis right now.

• Upvote 1

I like LvG, im glad that he brought us back to the CL, but honeslty if he thinks our squad is good enough especially after todays performance hes deluded. Also, really wishing he didnt make Rooney captain.

Edit: I would also like to see a director of football in to oversee our transfer business. Woodward has done a good job this year, but I believe he would be better suited for just dealing with the commercial side of the business.

Edited by I R Baboon
  • Upvote 1

I have to disagree on Martial, I don't see him in the same league as Lacazette nor Fekir. Sterling may not have achieved a single thing in his career thus far but he's better on one leg than Martial is on two. If United paid anything near that for him, Woodward would deserve public ridicule, sacking then flogging.

I have to disagree on Martial, I don't see him in the same league as Lacazette nor Fekir. Sterling may not have achieved a single thing in his career thus far but he's better on one leg than Martial is on two. If United paid anything near that for him, Woodward would deserve public ridicule, sacking then flogging.

We will have to agree to disagree then

I like LvG, im glad that he brought us back to the CL, but honeslty if he thinks our squad is good enough especially after todays performance hes deluded. Also, really wishing he didnt make Rooney captain.

did you see LvG's post-match interview? obviously he isn't going to start panicking, but that he chalked some of it up to luck was a bit difficult to watch. And the way he said "it's difficult to play against a team that goes into a compact mode" it's like WHAT???? you're MANCHESTER UNITED, and you cannot contend with a "compact" SWANSEA? like, how does this not reflect a serious problem in attack for him? idgi