The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Henrik Sedin the best player to ever wear a Canuck Uniform / How many points will he finish with?

babych

Best Canuck Ever?  

373 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

bure is by far the most talented. i shudder to think of his numbers if it wasn't for the knee problems.

linden has the biggest heart and is the best big game performer even at the end of his career.

i think the sedins will go down as the best canucks on paper. mostly do to the fact they will likely play their whole careers here. but still that is a feat in its self in this age in hockey. they will be like our own yzerman. i am totally ok with this.

Guest The Brown Burrows

I'd say that Pavel Bure is the best simply due to the fact that he put up 462 pts in 428 games (he also achieved 70 pts in 64 playoff games).

Henrik Sedin/Daniel Sedin are great players for this franchise (never said anything bad about us, consistent point producers, and are willing to stay with this franchise).

Markus Naslund was a tremedous goal scorer playing in the dead puck era (he took us into the playoffs multiple times with the Big 3 and was quite humble with his words).

Trevor Linden was a great leader and awesome within the community (he is the perfect role model and he had that competitive edge that you can see in a few players).

Igor Larionov.

Pavel Bure.

Hank and/or Danny.

No, Pavel Bure is.

PAVEL BURE HAS WON IT FOR THE VANCOUVER CANUCKS IT IS A TRIPLE OVERTIME HAT TRICK FOR VANCOUVER

Bureeeeeeeeee

Def Not Messier, Might as well mention sundin LOL

Remember - this is the total body of while in a 'Nucks uniform. I won't argue that Bure is the best player or that Linden is the best leader ever. Or Even that (ughhh) Messier or Sundin had better individual careers.

I think by the end of their careers it will be Hank and Dank who will be remembered as the best Canucks, but Pavel Bure will no doubt be the most skilled player to lace up the skates for this franchise, and it may be decades until we ever have anyone better. I mean this was a guy who routinely put up 50+ goals during the clutch and grab days, had he been healthy and in his prime today he would be winning the Richard trophy consistently.

1. Pavel Bure

2. Markus Naslund

2. Daniel Sedin

3. Henrik Sedin

5. Roberto Luongo

6. Todd Bertuzzi

7. Ryan Kesler

With the way things are going around here nowadays, I'll probably get flamed for putting Luongo on that list, but remember that the question is the best player WHILE wearing a Canuck uniform. I put Luongo as #5 because of 06-07 (and 10-11 - statistically his best season). Simply dominant in 06-07 and he was not only a Vezina finalist but also a Hart Trophy finalist.

And note that 4 of the top 7 to ever play for the Canucks is currently playing for the Canucks. Just saying.

Nazzy over the Sedins? Questionable. Naslund never made it past the 2nd round of the playoffs while the Sedins have torn apart a conference final.

Just for debate's sake I'll say

1. Pavel Bure

2. Henrik Sedin

3. Daniel Sedin

4. Markus Naslund

5. Trevor Linden

6. Roberto Luongo

7. Thomas Gradin

8. Ryan Kesler

Gradin's led the 82 team and you KNOW that team was NOT supposed to be in the Finals..

Kesler number 8 could be upseated by a number of players.. Stan Smyl, Todd Bertuzzi, Tanti...

Suprising there are no defensemen on either of our lists and we've never won a cup.. hmm.

Edit: How did I forget LINDEN? Sorry for anybody who had to read that..

It's hard to say if he is the best ever to play for the canucks. until a cup is won, i don't think you can ever debate who is better, since all of them still haven't won a cup yet. each of them are great individually, but the cup will definitely differentiate a lot.

Why did you put Bertuzzi, Kesler, and Luongo ahead of Linden?

Trevor was a great leader and a team player, but Bertuzzi in his prime was one of the best power forward of his time (better than Jerome Iginla during the WCE era), Kesler is the best 2-way center in the game (his Selke speaks for himself), and Luongo was the best goaltender in Canada in 2010.

Let's be honest here. I love Trevor, but those three are better hockey players.

1. Pavel Bure

2. Markus Naslund

2. Daniel Sedin

3. Henrik Sedin

5. Roberto Luongo

6. Todd Bertuzzi

7. Ryan Kesler

With the way things are going around here nowadays, I'll probably get flamed for putting Luongo on that list, but remember that the question is the best player WHILE wearing a Canuck uniform. I put Luongo as #5 because of 06-07 (and 10-11 - statistically his best season). Simply dominant in 06-07 and he was not only a Vezina finalist but also a Hart Trophy finalist.

And note that 4 of the top 7 to ever play for the Canucks is currently playing for the Canucks. Just saying.

i agree with you on most but those are probably our best players so far maybe put naslund under the sedins....plus think about it this way would you want the canucks to verse luongo in the playoffs? i know i wouldn't

Trevor was a great leader and a team player, but Bertuzzi in his prime was one of the best power forward of his time (better than Jerome Iginla during the WCE era), Kesler is the best 2-way center in the game (his Selke speaks for himself), and Luongo was the best goaltender in Canada in 2010.

Let's be honest here. I love Trevor, but those three are better hockey players.

really not trying to be rude, but Trev was amazing in his prime too, these numbers show it.

1988–89 Vancouver Canucks NHL 80 30 29 59

1989–90 Vancouver Canucks NHL 73 21 30 51

1990–91 Vancouver Canucks NHL 80 33 37 70

1991–92 Vancouver Canucks NHL 80 31 44 75

1992–93 Vancouver Canucks NHL 84 33 39 72

1993–94 Vancouver Canucks NHL 84 32 29 61

1994–95 Vancouver Canucks NHL 48 18 22 40

1995–96 Vancouver Canucks NHL 82 33 47 80

Nazzy over the Sedins? Questionable. Naslund never made it past the 2nd round of the playoffs while the Sedins have torn apart a conference final.

Just for debate's sake I'll say

1. Pavel Bure

2. Henrik Sedin

3. Daniel Sedin

4. Markus Naslund

5. Roberto Luongo

6. Thomas Gradin

7. Trevor Linden

8. Ryan Kesler

Gradin's led the 84 team and you KNOW that team was NOT supposed to be in the Finals..

Kesler number 8 could be upseated by a number of players.. Stan Smyl, Todd Bertuzzi, Tanti...

Suprising there are no defensemen on either of our lists and we've never won a cup.. hmm.

Edit: How did I forget LINDEN? Sorry for anybody who had to read that..

You forgot Linden because I took him off my list. He doesn't belong at 7. I think we both agree that Bure is the undisputed #1. As for Naslund getting the #2 spot ahead of the Sedins - purely personal. I loved Nazzy and offensively, he's more dangerous individually than the Sedins.

Then I gave Luongo #5 like you did. And Bertuzzi was #6 because he was an amazing power forward - a very rare combination of skill, grit, size, speed and smarts. In his prime, Bertuzzi was unreal, and the only reason he isn't so high on everyone's list is because the tarnishment on his career made by the Moore incident.

#7 goes to Ryan Kesler - Selke winner. Nuff said. He's surpassed Linden at this point.

If I had a #8, I would have given it to Linden though. But I stlll think

1. Bure 2. Naslund 3. Daniel 4. Henrik 5. Luongo 6. Bertuzzi 7. Kesler 8. Trevor

You forgot Linden because I took him off my list. He doesn't belong at 7. I think we both agree that Bure is the undisputed #1. As for Naslund getting the #2 spot ahead of the Sedins - purely personal. I loved Nazzy and offensively, he's more dangerous individually than the Sedins.

Then I gave Luongo #5 like you did. And Bertuzzi was #6 because he was an amazing power forward - a very rare combination of skill, grit, size, speed and smarts. In his prime, Bertuzzi was unreal, and the only reason he isn't so high on everyone's list is because the tarnishment on his career made by the Moore incident.

#7 goes to Ryan Kesler - Selke winner. Nuff said. He's surpassed Linden at this point.

If I had a #8, I would have given it to Linden though. But I stlll think

1. Bure 2. Naslund 3. Daniel 4. Henrik 5. Luongo 6. Bertuzzi 7. Kesler 8. Trevor

What about Gradin? He played a good 2-way game, was a silky smooth skater, had beauty hands. Wasn't as gritty as Kesler, but led a team to the finals in points.

Broke 70 points four times and 80 points twice.

Broke 30 goals three times.

As for Sedins vs. Naslund, Naslund may have been more dangerous one-on-one, but the Sedins are just as dangerous on the rush now and their Art Rosses and playoff final appearance put them ahead of Naslund.

As for Bertuzzi, like I said a second a go, can we still consider him one of the best after the Moore incident?

You forgot that the sedins have a much better team around them and better supporting cast.

outside naslund, bertuzzi, mo, ohlund...there was no one. hmm...druken, fedorov, helmer, kavanagh, langdon, letowski, moss, reid, lechance, pederson, arvedsson, grenier, king, sandersoon, sleger, smith....

awesome players. and the sedins were NOT developed in 2001-2005. remember..the Sisters?

not to mention the revolving door of goalies...skudra, essensa, hedbergy, cloutier, auld...

so you talk about naslund never making past the second round..look what support he had. take away kesler and some D..canucks wouldnt have made it past chicago...you also forget...before last seasons amazing cup run..where they had an amazing team...the canucks never made it past the 2nd round...

Archived