The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Line-Up By Logic

NutsBoutNucks

By logic, a lineup would appear the most sound if each player compliments the other. Forward lines consisting of a hard-working player (Higgins), a set-up man (H.Sedin) and a shooter (Kesler), while the defence would be offensive d-man (Edler) paired with defensive d-man (Hamhuis)...

IMO I chose the best example for each position, and ended up with a starting line-up. Using the same formula I got 2nd lines of a hard-working player (Hansen), a set-up man (D.Sedin, yes he mainly shoots but he is IMO our second best passer) and a shooter (Booth), and on 2nd pairing defence an offensive d-man (Bieksa) with defensive d-man (Tanev)...and so on based on continued logic.

Using this logic, can you name;

Top 3 hard working players

Top 3 set-up men

Top 3 shooters

Top 3 offensive d-men

Top 3 defensive d-men

And then, from your findings and based on this logic, your projected line combinations/defensive pairings?

I look forward to reading your replies, as the one thing that either angers, amuses or interests me most about CDC postings are projected line-ups!

D.Sedin - Kesler - Booth

Higgins - H.sedin - Burrows

Mayray/Kassian - Pahlsonn - Hansen

Manny - Lapierre - Kassian/Mayray

Try this forward line up for a game or even a period or two, see if it wakes anyone up (ie Mayray and the sedins) and if that doesn work, use what we used during practice today, had Mayray with the twins. Might get some of them out of this slump. Although its really hard breaking up the "American express" line, cause they are playing so well.

Edler-Hamhuis

Bieksa-Salo

Tanev-Grags

I'd like to try that. I think with Edler-Hamhuis, we'd have a clear #1 pairing, and assuming Salo can keep up his epic calmness, he should be able to make up for Bieksa's occasional bone-headedness.

Line 1: D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Bitz (Shooter - Playmaker - Net Presence, Size, Protection, size, grinder)

Line 2: C. Higgins - Kesler - Booth (board play, playmaker - shooter, passer, grit, speed - shooter, net presence, speed)

Line 3: Burrows - Lapierre - Kassian (playmaker, speed, shooter - grit, grinder, speed - Net presence, speed)

Line 4: Pahlsson - Malhotra - Hansen (grit, checking, board play - passer, net presence - grit, speed, play maker & shooter)

D 1: Edler (Offense) - Salo (Defense & offense) (pair with the 1st line, more options for the twins with BItz screening goalie)

D 2: Ballard (offense) - Hamhius (Defense) (pair with the 3rd line, Ballard likes to rush into the play - more offense for the 3rd line)

D 3: Alberts (Defense) - Bieksa (offense) (pair with 2nd line, physical d pairing with the 2nd line speed compensating for Alberts speed)

i hate how some of you put stuff like "Malhotra/Weise-Lapierre-Bitz/Kassian"

christ, its a lineup thread, just PICK a lineup and go with it - you arent even expressing an idea, just adding every possible combination

here let me try!

sedin-sedin-burrows/kassian/higgins

higgins/hansen/raymond/booth - kesler - higgins/burrows/kassian

hansen/raymond/malhotra-malhotra/lapierre/pahlsson - burrows/hansen/kassian

bitz/kassian/raymond/reinprecht/ - malholtra/lapierre/pahlsson - weiss/hansen/bitz

isnt that useless? i wrote it and i dont even want to read it... pick 12 freaking players and stand by your lineup

Edler-Hamhuis

Bieksa-Salo

Tanev-Grags

I'd like to try that. I think with Edler-Hamhuis, we'd have a clear #1 pairing, and assuming Salo can keep up his epic calmness, he should be able to make up for Bieksa's occasional bone-headedness.

christ, its a lineup thread, just PICK a lineup and go with it - you arent even expressing an idea, just adding every possible combination

here let me try!

bitz/kassian/raymond/reinprecht/ - malholtra/lapierre/pahlsson - weiss/hansen/bitz

isnt that useless? i wrote it and i dont even want to read it... pick 12 freaking players and stand by your lineup

here let me try!

here let me try!

Archived