The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Daniel's Hit On Keith Was Perfectly Ok, Everyone Who Says It Ain't Is Full Of It

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

There was nothing really wrong with that hit. He made a bit of contact with the head with his shoulder but you're out of your mind if you think there was any kind of intent there. Keith flat out didn't expect to be hit by a Sedin there and for once, he was wrong about it. He left himself completely vulnerable and Daniel hit him hard and as cleanly as was possible.

should of been a hit to head 2 minute minor, but that is it.

keith how ever i think should have the book thrown at him despite not being a repeat offender. the elbow to the head was clearly the intent. which in turn makes it intent to injure.

I didn't like Sedin's hit. Keith's response was worse. Sedin caught him late in the head and it went unnoticed. Who wouldn't be pissed if they got a shoulder to the jaw after the puck and there was no call? Everyone was watching the puck get dumped out of the zone. In NO way was the Sedin check CLEAN. Take off your crybaby glasses.

If i was a chicago fan id be embarrassed. Not only is my team beating up cabbies, running there mouth to the media in a very unprofessional manner, they dirty hits dont help their cause.

At least we just have the dirty players and a city that goes into chaos after loses lol :bigblush:

Duncan Keith is a Dirty cork sucker. Intent to injure should get him at least 5 games. At this point in the season, if you want to talk real justice in a perfect world, Keith would be out for 5 PLAYOFF games. Of course that won't happen in this case, because the Hawks - another Pet Team of bettman - can do no wrong. Oh well...

i saw the hit live and honestly expected a penalty. when one wasnt called i was surprised and then even more surprised when after daniel was hit blatantly to the head with an elbow that it was just a 2min minute penalty. i was then further surprised after that hit that the refs started calling everything against the canucks.

Daniel did hit Keith in the head, but that was more of an unfortunate instance as Keith had his head down a bit while Daniel was just going for shoulder to shoulder hit.

Keith targeted the head and didnt care about the puck. To some degree i can see how Keith would be annoyed by the hit, but in no ways does that give him the right to go after Daniel like he did. I want to see a 2-3 game suspension, and lets hope Daniel is ok, and takes it easy for the next little while. Maybe even sit him out even if he is 100% as a precaution...

I dont think the league can do this justice with any kind of suspension. This just adds fuel to the fire and gives our players the ultimatum of destroying keith like we did to seabrook and taking a suspension as well or playing good hockey and beating the blackhawks the next time they meet. Hopefully our enforcers know the answer because there is potential to do both. Don't rip me for saying that we should injure keith, but if any of you have ever played any kind of team sports, the temptation is there and enforcers have a job to do.

Archived