The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Game 7 Scf 2011

Danthecanucksfan

yikes, sounds like living hell to me, being there and all..... one other thing I noticed is that people say swedes don't have the heart to win the cup, and to be honest, I didn't see heart last year......... this year hank seems to be taking the lead and I think he is more involved and is more determined than ever, let's hope everyone has their heart in these games so that we can win it all!

I've seen the game once since, I cried almost as much as I did the first time. I think the coaching staff should make the team watch it before the playoffs for motivation. There is no way this team could watch the tape without knowing exactly what needs to be done, anything to win.

I've watched the 94 game a couple of times now. I was 3 when that game took place and even though I was very young(I believe I was 3) the first time I watched I'll admit it hurt but I was proud of them for what they did. I have also watched last year's game 7 but haven't made it past the first minute of the 2nd period it still hurts me too much. I remember that day we were at my friend's restaurant. I was so upset. I'm not a smoker but that day I almost grabbed my friend's cigs and lit one. I was so angry I could have exploded on the Canucks. I would like to analyze the game a bit more. I've always been a person who likes to analyze everything, I dunno why but what I do know is I won't be able to do that yet, it's still too fresh maybe in a few years. I had taped it but erased it and instead taped highlights which were broken into with live coverage of the riot but I do have the full CBC and NBC broadcast on my computer.

Eh, I don't get why people find it so hard to swallow, considering we didn't even deserve it the way we played. I've watched it twice or so, it was a great series.

Too bad we came out on the losing end, this isn't even close to the '94 series in terms of "Hard to swallow" though.

The entire playoffs were too emotionally charged for me to watch again. The good and the bad. I tear up when i see the EPIC Burrows OT goal against Chi, nevermind seeing our boys crying after game7. Can't do it.

That being said, I cannot wait to make some sweet new playoffs memorys this year:)

I may be alone here, but, I can watch the 94 series with pride. I guess it's because we were the underdog (huge underdog, in fact) and our team played out of their minds, coming back from a 3-1 series deficit. Yes, it was a heartbreaking finish, but, an incredible, unexpected ride.

Last year was much different. We were the best regular season team BY FAR. There was nowhere to go but down, I suppose. After the crazy series against the Hawks, the next 2 series' were relatively easy, setting up a final where WE were the heavy favourites--it almost felt as if it were meant to be. However, even though we had a 2-0 lead, we blew it. Blame it on the injuries, reffing, goaltending, whatever you want, last year should have been ours regardless. That's why last year's loss was worse in a way. It wasn't that it was just heartbreaking, it was embarrassing.

Archived