The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How Far Will We Go

luongo12345

How far will we make it in the playoffs  

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It will likely be the Rangers or the Penguins in the finals from the eastern conference, unless the Bruins make a charge. The Canucks should be able to beat any ot them. This being said, any of them could beat the Canucks.

Should be interesting.

regards,

G.

IMO we have a chance of going all the way and winning it all but I do have a few concerns. Non of which are goaltending. I am concerned about Kesler and Booth. Booth needs to get going and Kesler needs a game or two of to finish the season. This is also dependent on the health of D.Sedin, Rome and Ballard (yes Ballard), however, from all reports all three look to be ready to go early in the playoffs.

As far as teams in the west go the only two that worry me are Nashville and St. Louis. Detroit and Chicago are also a challenge, however, I believe the Canucks would beat both teams in a 7 game series.

This how I see the west going round 1

Canucks Vs Sharks or Kings

St. Louis Vs Phoenix

Chicago vs Kings or sharks

Nashville Vs Detroit (could go either way)

round 2

Canucks Vs Chicago

St.Louis Vs Nashville

Canucks VS Nashville (could easily go either way)

IMO the Canucks could loose to either Nashville or St. Louis and one or the other will be the Canucks biggest challenge in the west. Detroit could however beat both and get to the west final. If they do I believe they will be feeling the pain from those two difficult series. This does not seem likely to me but is the most desirable match up for the nucks.

From the east the New York Rangers seem to have the easiest road in travel and opponents. If the pens and flyers will most likely match up. In this situation I think the flyers will win the series as they have dominated them this season. If they do not I think the sens will be wounded coming out of that series. Neither Washington or Buffalo seem to be much of a challenge for the NYR. IMO the Devils will take out the Panthers and play New York and Boston and the sens or flyers will match up. I wont predict any further than this but I think the NYR will at least get to the conference finals in the east. The NYR seem to have an easy road in the east. I think they will come out of the East having very little travel.

This is how I see the east going

round 1

NY Ranger VS Washington or Buffalo

Boston VS Ottawa (possible but unlikely up set)

NJ Devils Vs Florida

Flyers and Sens ( could go either way)

Round 2

NYR VS NJ devils

Boston VS Flyers (perhaps Sens)

Round 3

NYR VS Boston

If the Nucks and the NYR match up I like are chance in this series.

All that said there could be an major up set who knows.

As a big fan, I really want to see them win, however my gut tells me a 2nd round exit is coming. Two 7 game series.

Hopefully I am wrong! They definitely have the potential to go farther, especially with the tight goal-tending that has been happening. But if they can't pick it up a notch and continue to coast, they're going to be in for a big wake-up call against some really good teams.

Archived