The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do We Make Pahlsson Look Better Then He Actually Is?

406281dylan

It is obvious we aquired Pahlsson on deadline day to be a shutdown player in the playoffs in my opinion he has not been that good. Everyone who plays with him is a minus higgins is a minus 3, Manny played one shift with him last game and was a minus 1 and he has been lacking discipline, AV benched lappy after taking two roughing penalties which could have went both ways when pahlsson took two penalties as well and stayed on the third line. Last year we had an explosive third line, Lappy has revived everyone this season, it is obvious Higgins needs help so why not demote Pahlsson to maybe help Manny out and Play Lappy where he will probably play next year with Higgins and Hansen.

I really like him. He is fully capable of the shut down role and score the occasional goal. I dont remember the first, but the second he was kind of forced to take because no one had taken the LA player. Had he not, it would have most likely resulted in a goal.

Guest The Brown Burrows

Pahlsson is good but he is past his prime. This is what you'd be getting more or less if we decide to keep him around.

We don't really need him, Malhotra, and Lapierre. Either Malhotra or Pahlsson should be the odd man out. I'd rather keep Malhotra but I really wouldn't mind Pahlsson for another year.

plus/minus can be such a misleading stat.

The guy is proven - he shut down the Sedins and won the cup when he played with Anaheim. It's not just Sammy struggling, it's the whole darn team.. I hate it when people pick out one guy to blame how the whole team is playing.

Gotta give LA credit too - they did their homework on us. LA is peaking at the right time - Vancouver is struggling.

plus/minus can be such a misleading stat.

The guy is proven - he shut down the Sedins and won the cup when he played with Anaheim. It's not just Sammy struggling, it's the whole darn team.. I hate it when people pick out one guy to blame how the whole team is playing.

Gotta give LA credit too - they did their homework on us. LA is peaking at the right time - Vancouver is struggling.

He was brought in to specifically center the 3rd line that could face the opponents top lines every night. It essence, it would free up Kesler/Hank to face weaker lines. In game 1, that line (Phalsson specifically) was destroyed. Game 2 that line was dismantled. Now AV's back to the same 'system' as before trade deadline, minus a play making/4th leading scorer center.

He was good in the regular season, been brutal in the playoffs. The second game was perhaps his best.

At even strength over the last 3 games, he's been on the ice for '4 chances for' and '11 changes against'. That's brutal.

I like Pahlsson, what he brings is the opposite of what Coho brought. We need a shutdown line, and he brings that. The problem is the top 6. We can't win a game we don't score in.

Hank needs help, someone that plays the cycle. The second line sucks. Booth is playing ok, but he and Kes are playing puck hog hockey. Mayray is nonexistent, and he is supposed to be our second line winger.

No, Pahlsson is ok, its the top 6 that are the problem.

Pahlsson was 100% at fault for the goal last night, he knocked brown down in the corner, then just left his assignment to do god know what, leaving brown completely uncovered to get up and drift into the open space to grab that puck and fire it past Cory. horrible defensive play by a supposed defensive player.

We need him for the third line. He's here because Malhotra's eye turned him into a bad hockey player for some reason

He's played decent with what he's had to work with. The third line is doing well, especially compared to the rest of the team. (Although, we could be up 2 games to 1 right now if Hansen didn't hit those two posts...)

Pahlsson probably was the Canucks worst forward last night. On the Kings goal , he lost the faceoff badly and then left his man Brown after knocking him down.

He also got himself in a pickle by leaving his player earlier in the game and had to take a penalty to stop a chance and he also had another minor.

If anyone thinks Pahlsson was good last night they weren't watching the game closely enough.

It seems to me he is a redundant player on this team. Another checking forward who can't score and he didn't even check well last night.

Archived