The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Random Thought

juwanski

With the game selections that Cory got during the season that would mean, that MG got a bad vibe from Roberto during the Boston series. While this year he wanted to see if Cory could play the big games thus showing how good Cory is. Yes, I'm aware this is what MG has said. Based upon the Cody situation. could it have also been not to expose Roberto?

So the question basicaly is: Do you think this had to do more with not exposing Roberto as it did finding out how good Cory was?

I'm by no means bashing Roberto for anything(per say) but he been making quick thinking errors more often. Basicaly when he cant read the play, that isn't a play but a scramble he doesnt know what to do or is late to the show. This could all have to do with his sole ability to track the puck. Cory has this in bunches.

The regular season Boston game was a turning point in the Canucks this year. Maybe a big second guess in Canuck nation as to what if? It is gonna get a whole lot worse for Lu if he stayed and Schneider goes somewhere else. The microscope will get bigger.

Yes Cory has played well in his time with the club. Not a whole heck of a lot of pessue when he was put into those big games. WE hope he'll be able to do it back to back or 3 games in 4 days on regular bases. Whoever is in net, I'll be rooting for them to stop the puck.

This. Gillis indicated as much in his press conference. He said that the emergence of Cory as an elite level goalie changed the landscape, suggesting that the Canucks didn't plan on considering the fact that they would keep him over Luongo. The plan all along was to develop him slowly and get him into more and more game action in order to get him the exposure he needed to increase his trade value. Problem is, the guy got so good that the Canucks are retracting this plan and re-evaluating what they want to do with Schneider. But yes, the game selection during the season was directly related to the Canucks trying to get him the best possible experience and exposure possible in anticipation of trading him.

With the game selections that Cory got during the season that would mean, that MG got a bad vibe from Roberto during the Boston series. While this year he wanted to see if Cory could play the big games thus showing how good Cory is. Yes, I'm aware this is what MG has said. Based upon the Cody situation. could it have also been not to expose Roberto?

So the question basicaly is: Do you think this had to do more with not exposing Roberto as it did finding out how good Cory was?

I'm by no means bashing Roberto for anything(per say) but he been making quick thinking errors more often. Basicaly when he cant read the play, that isn't a play but a scramble he doesnt know what to do or is late to the show. This could all have to do with his sole ability to track the puck. Cory has this in bunches.

Archived