The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo To Tampa

Drew1

Hey guys I just heard on the Score Luongo is going to Tampa , Obviousley that is just their opinion but do you think we could get Victor Hedman or Ryan Malone ? Someone said we would have to take back a bad contract and someone said said Gillis wanted draft picks and they said Tampa loaded up on draft picks at the deadline . And do you think Gillis will demand much or just be satisfied with getting the contract off the books?

Guest BuckFoston

There are dozens of threads on this in the Proposals & Armchair GMing section as well as the Trades, Rumors, Signings corner of the forum. Please use the search before posting a redundant topic and clogging up the forum.

Thanks man :) Do you really think Malone would , that would be incredible , to me that would honestly be like a bonus , he is big strong , hes a vet and has put up close to 30 goals on a consistent basis. And I am like you , I like to find the latest topics on the bottom of the page haha

I think it's likely he goes to Tampa. Like I said in my other topic, though, getting Hedman seems almost an impossibility.

But Malone or Brewer, or Malone and Brewer and the Canucks add someone, could be a great deal.

Do you think Luongo sees how Florida is now almost going through to round 2, and how tampa was pretty bad this year? Also would tampa want a contract like Lecavier again ? One thing I do hate though is when people on tv and exc say having a goalie for ten years or when hes 43 exc exc , if you get Lu your only getting like 6 years at 6 million then it goes down to 1.6 and 1

People act like hes making money till the end , the cap hit doesnt really matter because luongo will not play for that little money at the end , plus hes good enough to deserve 6 mill

Malone is on the older side isn't he? I don't really want someone of that age here. Parenteu would be a better option. I honestly belive that if Lu goes to TB, we should demand nothing less than Hedman. TB is desperate for a goalie, and to get someone like Lu is probably a dream for them. Throw in a first, who cares, but get Hedman, he is exactly what this team needs, a big, top 2 or 4 defenceman.

these people are called trolls and all they do is search the fourm for repeat topics, dont be sorry they are just being morons! i'd rather find this topic now than have to go looking for it. and i think tampa is the best place for him he could win a cup sooner than later. i think malone would be in the trade somewhere.

Some will say the Canucks won't get this much for Luongo, but I think a return of Ryan Malone + Detroit's 1st (the one they got in the Kyle Quincey trade, not Tampa's 1st) is reasonable. I have a feeling Yzerman set out to acquire that 1st round pick for the purpose of addressing his goalie needs in the offseason. The Canucks will take that pick, thank you very much.

New lineup:

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows

Malone - Kesler - Booth

Higgins - Schroeder - Hansen

______ - Malhotra - Lapierre

I apologize for making a new thread, I really do , this is my first one ever and I honestly didn't know. Thanks for letting me know though man , I appreciate it :)

I am going to close this because it could exist easily in another thread or the proposal forums, but thanks for being a champ about it :)

Archived