The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Abbotsford Airport Vs Vancouver International

roster19

I have a flight coming up at the end of summer and according to west jet & priceline, it's $20-50 cheaper (depending on the day) to fly to Toronto via Abbotsford Airport (YXX) over Vancouver International (YVR).

I've only ever travelled with YVR and I have never had any problems. The traffic to get to YVR (and to leave) is a joke, but as far as air travel is concerned, I've never had more than a delay to worry about.

That being said, has anyone travelled from YXX? How was the experience compared to YVR? Is the drive there (and back) better or worse than YVR?

Currently the big advantage to YVR is easy skytrain access if you dont have a car or dont want to pay for parking. YXX is fine if they have the flight you want and you can drive there. The $20-50 cheaper cost depends on where your starting from and how much your time is worth to you.

I never understand the hate for Air Canada. Ive flown with them to Ontario and to Europe. Never had a problem, the food has always been good (Not kidding) had enough leg room ,which I cant say for westjet. One flight to Hamburg it was on star alliance air miles and was Air Canada going and Lufthansa coming back, Air Canada was better.

Archived