The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TOR/ANA/VAN The Usual Suspects

I'm very bored at the moment so I decided to post up a fun little proposal that popped into my head with the rumors of Bobby Ryan being available again. Along with the rumors of Luongo to Toronto. I don't see this as being realistic and I don't believe Luongo will be moved this off season if at all. Remember this is just for fun.

Toronto receives:

Roberto Luongo

Ana 2nd '13

Anaheim receives:

Luke Schenn

Joe Colborne

Van 1st '12

Vancouver receives:

Bobby Ryan

Basically it's a pretty straight forward deal. Vancouver receives a true frist liner to play with the Sedins (as much as I like Burrows I still believe most of his offensive output is because of the Sedins, with his talent alone he is more of a very good 2nd/3rd liner) We have had scoring problems is the last two playoffs so getting a talent like Ryan on our 1st line can only help. Toronto receives a number 1 goalie who can almost certainly help them get into the playoffs. Anaheim receives future talent which is what they are apparently looking for in return for Ryan. Now Schenn, Colborne and a 1st seems like a bit much but based on what Schenn and Colborne have accomplished thus far it's a still a huge risk for Anaheim. Again this is unrealistic because three-way deals rarely happen in the NHL. But I thought I would bring it up just for fun.

Thoughts?

I'm very bored at the moment so I decided to post up a fun little proposal that popped into my head with the rumors of Bobby Ryan being available again. Along with the rumors of Luongo to Toronto. I don't see this as being realistic and I don't believe Luongo will be moved this off season if at all. Remember this is just for fun.

Toronto receives:

Roberto Luongo

Ana 2nd '13

Anaheim receives:

Luke Schenn

Joe Colborne

Van 1st '12

Vancouver receives:

Bobby Ryan

Basically it's a pretty straight forward deal. Vancouver receives a true frist liner to play with the Sedins (as much as I like Burrows I still believe most of his offensive output is because of the Sedins, with his talent alone he is more of a very good 2nd/3rd liner) We have had scoring problems is the last two playoffs so getting a talent like Ryan on our 1st line can only help. Toronto receives a number 1 goalie who can almost certainly help them get into the playoffs. Anaheim receives future talent which is what they are apparently looking for in return for Ryan. Now Schenn, Colborne and a 1st seems like a bit much but based on what Schenn and Colborne have accomplished thus far it's a still a huge risk for Anaheim. Again this is unrealistic because three-way deals rarely happen in the NHL. But I thought I would bring it up just for fun.

Thoughts?

You take the best player available. If it gives you a surplus of Goalies then so be it, we can move one or two of them to bolster weaker areas. Either way I rather see us move the pick to get a player who helps us now. Unless Gillis thinks he can sign a top tier free agent after July 1.

I'm not sure that everyone would agree the value is even:

Van gives up Luongo and a 2012 1st

Toronto gives up Schenn and Colborne

Anaheim gives up Ryan and a 2013 2nd

They each have their positives but Ryan is clearly the biggest value (since Luongo and Schenn have their detractors), but I guess it could be pretty close if the teams agree.

Archived