The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Want to win a cup?!

A couple years ago when Gillis added Hamhuis, Malholtra and Torres to pieces they already had, I just had that feeling. Now I know every year we alway believe it's our year, but with those additions the team just seemed set to make a run. Last year, not so much. It just seemed we lost more pieces then we gained. I know it's easy playing arm chair quarter back but if Gillis could work some magic , these three players would bring back that feeling.

Doan, Gaustad and Shultz.

Sedin/Sedin/Burrows

Booth/Kesler/Doan

Higgins/Gaustad/Hansen

Lapierre/Malhotra/Kassian

Hamhuis/Bieska

Edler/Shultz

Tanev/Ballard

Schnieder /Lack

They're all UFA's so a lineup like that is plausible but don't get fooled by your feelings. Every year it seems has been "our year". It's going to take a lot more to win the Cup. And of course OP, we all want our team to win a cup.

I still think we would have had a better fate without Daniel getting injured before all was lost. Canucks were very unlucky last year. But this long off season is going to give our guys a ton of rest and with the right acquisitions they may go very deep again. But this team is only going as far as the core players take them, any new players added aren't going to lead this team.

I still think we would have had a better fate without Daniel getting injured before all was lost. Canucks were very unlucky last year. But this long off season is going to give our guys a ton of rest and with the right acquisitions they may go very deep again. But this team is only going as far as the core players take them, any new players added aren't going to lead this team.

A couple years ago when Gillis added Hamhuis, Malholtra and Torres to pieces they already had, I just had that feeling. Now I know every year we alway believe it's our year, but with those additions the team just seemed set to make a run. Last year, not so much. It just seemed we lost more pieces then we gained. I know it's easy playing arm chair quarter back but if Gillis could work some magic , these three players would bring back that feeling.

Doan, Gaustad and Shultz.

Sedin/Sedin/Burrows

Booth/Kesler/Doan

Higgins/Gaustad/Hansen

Lapierre/Malhotra/Kassian

Hamhuis/Bieska

Edler/Shultz

Tanev/Ballard

Schnieder /Lack

Archived