The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

LeTour - Tour de France 2012

I suppose there are other races in other parts of the world where similar acts of stupidity occurs...maybe it's just more evident with the Tour de France because it's the premier cycling event in the world (and I'm assuming it is because I know of no other cycling events)...so I should have framed my original question so as not to call out the French cycling fans.

My apologies if I offended anyone with my original question.

i was just joking myself mate . but when you see a highlight reel of the crashes that are cuased by spectators and the media , that crash last year where a rider was hit by a media car and three riders were knocked down with johnny hoogerland getting wrapped up in a barb wire fence , then you must ask yourself what are some people thinking ?

I like all cycling but like evans , sagan and hesajedal i am a mountain-biker . this is one of my favourite moments of the tour , this is footage of a canadian "freerider" dave watson jumping ,"gapping" the peloton on the alp de-huez stage,

Tour_De_Gap400-280-75.jpg

Ever notice how the sports that enact the most rigorous testing are the exact same ones that have the most positives? All pro sports are full of athletes guilty of doping and most dont want the bad press associated with positives so dont test effectively (if at all). MLB has to be the worst and most hypocritical of the bunch.

When everyones doing it, that levels the playing field.

P.S. Except Ryder Hesjedal. Hes pure talent. Currently 18 seconds back of the yellow. Right where he needs to be.

So after the initial excitement of British stage wins, Froome's coming out parade and Wiggo's time trial domination, we've seen c. 8 stages of boring, processional cycling. While there's another TT in the offing, this tour looks to have been contested on the TTs alone.

Why hasn't Evans attacked once? Why hasn't Schleck looked interested? And everyone else? This years tour has become the 2012 Peloton Pleasure Cruise Through Scenic France, not a contest for the most prestigious race in cycling.

I'm so disappointed, even being a Wiggins fan.

So in answer to my own question:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/18880417

"Frank Schleck fails drugs tests at Tour de France

Frank Schleck has failed a drugs test at the Tour de France, the International Cycling Union (UCI) has announced.

The Luxembourger, who finished third in last year's race, is racing with the RadioShack team run by Johan Bruyneel.

More to follow. "

I'm used to seeing those epic 7-8 riders going up a mountain a hile high looking to get just the slightest edge on each other, but this year after wiggins won the tt, everyone packed it in, saddening. Also bad news to hear about schleck, hope his brother doesn't do the same stuff even if he is out with an injury I'm a fan of andy

Archived