The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2012-2013 roster as we know it at the moment (could change)

Cucumber

As of right now I see it as:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - PLAY MAKING WINGER

Higgins - BIG SHUT DOWN CENTER - Hansen

Kassian - Lapierre - Volpatti/Pinizotto

Ebbet

Garrison - Edler

Bieksa - Hamhuis

Ballard - Tanev

Alberts

Don't see Raymond or Manny fitting in anywhere anymore.

I want Doan on that 2nd line wing spot and Matthias as the 3rd line center.

As of right now I see it as:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - PLAY MAKING WINGER

Higgins - BIG SHUT DOWN CENTER - Hansen

Kassian - Lapierre - Volpatti/Pinizotto

Ebbet

Garrison - Edler

Bieksa - Hamhuis

Ballard - Tanev

Alberts

Don't see Raymond or Manny fitting in anywhere anymore.

I want Doan on that 2nd line wing spot and Matthias as the 3rd line center.

k first off, if Luongo and Schnieder both end up here, Luongo should have the starting position theres nothing he's done esspecially in the playoffs to not deserve it and theres nothing completly mind blowing that schnieders done to deserve it.

so the rosters should be IMO:

sedins burrows

booth-kesler-higgins

kassian-lappiere/ebbet-hansen (I would love to see this, I think it would be a great kind of line to see kassian devolpe in)

weise-malhotra/lappiere-volpati.

we also re-signed andrew ebbet, so i expect maybe ebbet to replace lappy on the third and have lappy on the fourth: t

defense:

hamhuis-bieksa

Edler-Garrison

ballard-tanev

if ballard is still here, personally i think if he's gettin 4 million and is playin on your third pairing you can go for someone more cheap.

Luongo

schnieder

I think we should go with Toronto in regards to a Luongo trade, Florida doesn't seem like they are going to bite. They have signed Clemmensen and have Markstrom in the system, waiting for NHL experience.

Also the only player they have that I would be interested in would be Versteeg, which I don't see them giving up anyways. (Unless he doesn't want to sign with them next year) They won't give up any of their highly touted prospects and I don't think we will be able to get a high end draft pick out of them either..

From Toronto I wouldn't expect much, I'd settle for Cody Franson and a 2nd (Conditional, 2013) and maybe Connolly for the cap to even itself a little for them. He could take the 3rd line center position, as well as take over for Kes until he makes a full recovery. Then we could go after a winger with the last bit of cap space we have left. (Shane Doan, Jaromir Jagr) Thoughts?

EDIT: Sullivan, Mueller, or Huselius might be acceptable. (Would also have to trade Raymond for draft picks)

k first off, if Luongo and Schnieder both end up here, Luongo should have the starting position theres nothing he's done esspecially in the playoffs to not deserve it and theres nothing completly mind blowing that schnieders done to deserve it.

so the rosters should be IMO:

sedins burrows

booth-kesler-higgins

kassian-lappiere/ebbet-hansen (I would love to see this, I think it would be a great kind of line to see kassian devolpe in)

weise-malhotra/lappiere-volpati.

we also re-signed andrew ebbet, so i expect maybe ebbet to replace lappy on the third and have lappy on the fourth: t

defense:

hamhuis-bieksa

Edler-Garrison

ballard-tanev

if ballard is still here, personally i think if he's gettin 4 million and is playin on your third pairing you can go for someone more cheap.

Luongo

schnieder

The way I see it, Vancouver is down to 3 Million in spending money, before they go over the cap.

Figuring Raymond will get 2.3 - 2.6M

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)

David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Mason Raymond ($2.300m)

Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Aaron Volpatti ($0.600m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Andrew Ebbett ($0.600m)

DEFENSEMEN

Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) / Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)

Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Alexander Edler ($3.250m)

Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Andrew Alberts ($1.225m)

Chris Tanev ($0.900m)

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,178,333; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $3,021,667

This means that Vancouver will not be able to make anymore big signings, unless they make some trades. Gillis is smart enough to know that if he backs himself into a corner (no cap space) he will lose leverage in trade negotiations.

I would like a player like Peter Mueller if Van could fit it under the cap (2M?). Doan would be ideal, but the reality is Doan would put Van over the cap, and we will lose players for less than fair value (Lou, Ballard, Raymond).

Beyond a cheap roll player, Van will only be able to improve the team via trades (or Van prospects step up in preseason).

So as far as the current roster goes, I don't see Van signing anymore big names. News will be slow to go in Vancouver unless Gillis can find some cap space with a trade or two. Lately Gillis trades haven't been great news anyways, so this current roster might be the best one we'll have to start the season.

Crossing my fingers for Mueller @ 2 million

The way I see it, Vancouver is down to 3 Million in spending money, before they go over the cap.

Figuring Raymond will get 2.3 - 2.6M

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)

David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Mason Raymond ($2.300m)

Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Aaron Volpatti ($0.600m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Andrew Ebbett ($0.600m)

DEFENSEMEN

Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) / Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)

Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Alexander Edler ($3.250m)

Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Andrew Alberts ($1.225m)

Chris Tanev ($0.900m)

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,178,333; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $3,021,667

This means that Vancouver will not be able to make anymore big signings, unless they make some trades. Gillis is smart enough to know that if he backs himself into a corner (no cap space) he will lose leverage in trade negotiations.

I would like a player like Peter Mueller if Van could fit it under the cap (2M?). Doan would be ideal, but the reality is Doan would put Van over the cap, and we will lose players for less than fair value (Lou, Ballard, Raymond).

Beyond a cheap roll player, Van will only be able to improve the team via trades (or Van prospects step up in preseason).

So as far as the current roster goes, I don't see Van signing anymore big names. News will be slow to go in Vancouver unless Gillis can find some cap space with a trade or two. Lately Gillis trades haven't been great news anyways, so this current roster might be the best one we'll have to start the season.

Crossing my fingers for Mueller @ 2 million

name='win the stanley cup' timestamp='1341276251' post='10755033']

I really really really like that 3rd line has checking speed skill grit and scoring touch keep sedins and burrows together top3 line in

nhl keep amex going 3rd line is good prefer lappy and if injuries happen keep ebbett just for center depth and 4th line is good but I want bitz back hope we can resigh him and if raymond can't be traded than he can be bench (he could be the prefect depth guy if injuries happen he can play anywhere top9)

Archived