The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tony Clement joins Ezra Levant in attack on Twitter against former Globe editor for moving to Cuba

Just go to the link, formatting sucks. http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/07/11/tony-clement-joins-ezra-levant-in-attack-on-twitter-against-former-globe-editor-for-moving-to-cuba/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Tony Clement joins Ezra Levant in attack on Twitter against former Globe editor for moving to Cuba

Josh Visser Jul 11, 2012 – 1:30 PM ET | Last Updated: Jul 11, 2012 1:37 PM ET

newezra.jpg?w=620

Calgary Herald/Reuters

Ezra Levant (L) and Tony Clement ® really don't want you to move to Cuba.

Uber-tweeter (and president of the Treasury Board) Tony Clement typed his way into the ring Wednesday to join a media throwdown between former Globe and Mail editor Stephen Wicary and Sun TV’s Ezra Levant.

The war of words began after Levant launched a three–minute tirade on his TV show against Wicary earlier this month, after the former Globe online editor left the newspaper to join his wife for a new life in communist Cuba.

Clement chimed in Wednesday after Wicary tweeted to Levant saying “Do let me know when the two-part hit job on that dirty red (Clement) goes to air,” linking to a Globestory on Clement and the Tories honouring a Canadian expatriate who happened to be a passionate communist.

Clement, who often responds to tweets directed to him regardless of his position near the top of the Conservative cabinet, joined the fray soon after:

jl8njglkb71ft3ygdxch_normal.jpeg

So yes,
, do let me know when the two-part hit job on that dirty red
goes to air:

Clement_6164_normal.jpg

My point was to celebrate things other than his communism. You chose to live in a communist country. Big difference.

The spat didn’t stop there.

jl8njglkb71ft3ygdxch_normal.jpeg
Joining the pile-on ill befits a minister of the crown.

Clement_6164_normal.jpg

Then stop baiting the bear.

It is not clear if Clement or Levant is the bear in this scenario.

Wicary also responded, “You wanna take a swipe at my wife at disparage the work (CARE Canada) does in Cuba, some at the behest of your govt, too?”

She has taken the job as the Cuban country director for CARE Canada, which Levant never mentioned in his original attack.

“It’s like one of those creepy Cold War stories of the odd American who defected to the Soviet Union,” Levant said. “Who would do that? We know that Fidel Castro runs a totalitarian regime … Who the hell would go live in Cuba? … So the editor who hated Stephen Harper’s abuse of democracy is apparently fine with how the Castro brothers run the joint — fine enough to live there.”

Clement is one of the most active Canadian politicians on Twitter, although it has gotten him into trouble before.

In January, the Treasury Board president apologized for calling a 15-year-old boy a “jackass” over Twitter’s direct message system.

Levant’s attack against Wicary can be read in full here.

http://news.national..._medium=twitter

What a bloody embarrassment. How are these people elected? Jesus ???? Christ. This is minor, but does it ever speak to the character of this clown. Harper government is riddled with nasty characters that would embarrass and shame any decent party. Not in Canada though. We'll elect an Oda after she doctors official documents, lies, wastes tax payers' money, AND SMOKEs IN A GOVERNMENT BUILDING! Ugh, this cabinet makes me angry.

Let me know when they get the balls to use their keyboards to inflict physical pain (something I can invest time paying attention to) rather than make like girls and yap about their conflict. Clearly they don't have the sense to get over it.

Archived