The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 13 - CDC Sim Connected [PS3 SIM LEAGUE]

DollarAndADream

<p>

I find that incredibly fair, although Doan on my 4th with Hedjuk and Connolly would have been amazing.

Re: The RFAs, it makes a lot of sense to me. Like you said, the CBA has a lot to with it, and it's not fair for teams to trade big packages for RFAs and then not have a chance to sign them because the NHLPA and the Owners can't decide how to spend the giant pile of money they're sitting on.

Anyways, I feel it's for the best, and tbh, there's a good number of teams who probably don't realize that they don't have the requisite number of picks to make an offer. If you want to give Benn 6m, you need your OWN 1st, 2nd and 3rd in 2013. I just counted 16 teams who couldn't make an offer for less than four 1st rounders because of it, and that's not even looking at the real NHL schedule of picks, which I know eliminates at least 1 more. So, before there's any fury, most of us have moved so many picks that we lack the requisite assets to make an offer anyways.

• $1,110,249 or below - No Compensation

• Over $1,110,249 to $1,682,194 - 3rd round pick

• Over $1,682,194 to $3,364,391 - 2nd round pick

• Over $3,364,391 to $5,046,585 - 1st round pick, 3rd

• Over $5,046,585 to $6,728,781 - 1st round pick, 2nd, 3rd

• Over $6,728,781 To $8,410,976 - Two 1st Round Picks, 2nd, 3rd

• Over $8,410,976 - Four 1st Round Picks

Yeah, I wasn't naming names, just saying that a lot of teams who might have considered getting in on the RFA market for, say, Kane, O'Reilly, Benn, Carlson, Subban (is he? EDIT: He is) etc probably didn't have the leverage they thought coming into the season. Now that the RFA situation is allowing teams the chance to retain what they've worked for, it's even less of an issue.

We are going to rediscuss the Doan situation as we might change our initial decision. If you re-read the article it seems that if the Coyotes can be sold by the 15th he might sign elsewhere. We will keep you guys informed of our decision.

One option we thought about is we will hold off on the sim until that time and see if Doan signs. .

Yes, but the 24 HUT packs are a big get if that's your thing, and there's FIFA and Madden content too. It's definitely an investment, but last year I was in line for 2 hours in 10C weather with a bunch of smelly dudes who wanted to talk to me about how they didn't know anything about hockey. My time is worth considerably more than that.

Yes, but the 24 HUT packs are a big get if that's your thing, and there's FIFA and Madden content too. It's definitely an investment, but last year I was in line for 2 hours in 10C weather with a bunch of smelly dudes who wanted to talk to me about how they didn't know anything about hockey. My time is worth considerably more than that.

Archived