The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Ian Esplen's take on a T.O deal.

We're never going to get "the best trade" for Luongo, that's fact popular opinion (and more common sense than anything), so saying what you do is negative nancy defeatist crap, instead try to give an alternative opinion that forwards the conversation. It's easy to sit on a high perch and look down on everyone else's ideas yet shelter yourself from negative criticism by not conveying your own. And yes, by "Your own ideas" I do mean apples and apples, the rhetoric you spew are oranges by comparison.

From an asset management stand point, the OP's trade is a good one with a little tweaking needed. I think what I proposed would be a far more acceptable deal by a lot of people's standards, my proposal actually allows for keeping Ballard and Raymond AND still adds Komisarek, Bozak and Lupul, and is still about 1 mill under the cap when Kesler comes back.

To be honest, I would want to see any Luongo deal involve Kadri as the centre piece.

- People can hate on Kadri all they want, but its hard to deny the kids talent/upside.

We didn't seem to mind using Hodgson as a 3rd line centre last year.

- Kadri imo is a pretty comparable player to Hodgson, but with a bit more grit to his game.

He would be our best prospect easily, and gives us a temporary Kesler replacement/3rd line centre.

To be honest, I would want to see any Luongo deal involve Kadri as the centre piece.

- People can hate on Kadri all they want, but its hard to deny the kids talent/upside.

We didn't seem to mind using Hodgson as a 3rd line centre last year.

- Kadri imo is a pretty comparable player to Hodgson, but with a bit more grit to his game.

He would be our best prospect easily, and gives us a temporary Kesler replacement/3rd line centre.

Not a chance. The return for Luongo is pathetic. Komisarek doesn't fit this team that wants to go faster and at a higher pace. Komisarek has been on a decline for a while now, might find himself out of a job after his contract is over.

Would make the Canucks worse.

Tyler Bozak is a 3rd liner. Carter Ashton is a B prospect, and a conditional 1st could be anything. Just makes no sense.

Kadri will never do much in the NHL. He is too small and a tweener. He doesn't have great speed, ok speed, doesn't have great size, he's just average if not small, doesn't have a great shot, just an ok shot, etc etc....

I have seen him in many of his call ups in t.o, doesn't really do anything to stand out. I think he will be one of those players that just bounces around with teams hoping he will do better in a different environment, and never really does anything.

Again, an over rated player in leaf land, and I live there so I see enough of him.

Archived