The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canuck fans should be like whitecaps fans

Honeydews

Where does this whole 'suits' thing come from exactly? My uncle has season tickets. He's a business man. I suppose you could refer to him as a 'suit', but he never wears one to the game. He doesn't cheer a whole lot except when we score. He's vocal (bad officiating, whatever). But every time he invites me along, I only see a few suits there in the season ticket holder section. I think the whole suits thing is an exaggeration.

So? What's wrong with going to the game and actually watching it and enjoying it as opposed to being some drunk hooligan in the upper bowl? I'm not a suit and I definitely don't cheer that much either. It is exaggerated because if you actually sit in the season ticket section, there really aren't that many suits

Well I´m from germany and a big hockey fan and a soccer fan.

In germany I can see no big difference between soccer and hockey!

It´s always the same, there are the cheap tickets for a standing spot,

and that is where the "true" fans are standing that are cheering and singing most of the times. (northside / southside).

And there are the expansive tickets (lower bowl) and the people with a seat and there is cheering usually when a gaol is scored,

or a little bit of clapping during the game. The rest of the time there is silence...

The crowd you are hearing is known as the "south side", a group of loyal fans with season tickets that sit on the south side of the stadium. Recently went to a game and sat in the south side, and I too agree, I wish that we had fans like this every game too. They have about 15 different songs/chants that are memorized by everybody sitting in the section. And it was cool to see that everybody knew each other by name, wonder if Canucks fans could make a group like this.

Guest Gumballthechewy

It's a shame how quite Rodgers Arena is. The Pacific Colosseum was a madhouse back in the day...

I bet half the Canucks are soccer fans :picard:

Archived