The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 13 - CDC Sim Connected [PS3 SIM LEAGUE] pt 2[Taking Applications]

DollarAndADream

Manual Waivers?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So, I have 11m in cap space, and I can't use it if someone gets injured? If Vokoun goes down Feb 1st, I'd rather sign a cheap 76 backup and leave Campbell playing in the AHL. I can't predict months in advance where I'm going to need patchwork to fill for injuries, and teams with cap space shouldn't be punished.

I have cap space and no one buried. Fine me a draft pick and I quit. End of discussion. I have 11 million in cap space, and no one buried, and we're not fining Edmonton for what he did, but telling me that because of things like that, I can't patch holes in my roster if I get injured?

There is no risk. The NHL allows Free Agent signings until the trade deadline in the game. I shouldn't have to sign players I don't want not knowing where my injuries will be when I have cap space because other teams are fracking around. How many players get signed to FA contracts during the year? 10-12? I will PERSONALLY go and check that they have cap space, but the suggestion of not allowing anyone to sign an FA contract after October 1st is worse than just letting Edmonton get away with what they did.

I have cap space and no one buried. Fine me a draft pick and I quit. End of discussion. I have 11 million in cap space, and no one buried, and we're not fining Edmonton for what he did, but telling me that because of things like that, I can't patch holes in my roster if I get injured?

So, there's literally no middle ground between letting someone sign a 60 to a 9m deal to secure his rights, knowing that he'll be buried in the AHL because of best lines or not letting people sign free agent contracts after Oct 1st?

There is no risk. The NHL allows Free Agent signings until the trade deadline in the game. I shouldn't have to sign players I don't want not knowing where my injuries will be when I have cap space because other teams are fracking around. How many players get signed to FA contracts during the year? 10-12? I will PERSONALLY go and check that they have cap space, but the suggestion of not allowing anyone to sign an FA contract after October 1st is worse than just letting Edmonton get away with what they did.

So, there's literally no middle ground between letting someone sign a 60 to a 9m deal to secure his rights, knowing that he'll be buried in the AHL because of best lines or not letting people sign free agent contracts after Oct 1st?

So how are you going to know who's dressed who's scratched and who's in the minors to check the capspace? You'll have to go to the contract screen, pull out a calculator and add up all the contracts yourself. You are willing to do that every sim cycle?

We should just make a rule that is easily enforced with some ways to allow teams to make some signings of they are legit ones. If people dont follow the rules then they will be penalized. That's the easiest way to fix a problem.

At the start of the season every team regardless of capspace can sign as many UFAs as they want if they just send people down to the minors, that's what we need to prevent

Honestly I'd rather we just let Edmonton do what they did than not allow free agent signings when the season starts. Everyone has the same ability to sign players and place them in the minors when the season starts. If everyone can do it then it's fair.

Why not just check peoples caps on the day the season begins and then check when they sign free agents? We know Edmonton will have 9m in buried cap. If we know where people stand with their 1 way deal, we know who they can buy up. We were able to do it with cap geek, I'm sure we can do it with the system

Archived