The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 13 Create a Player

UMB

Well it's not up to me really. All that I do is copy what UMB writes down and paste it to the thread. He told me those dates, but he was on vacation for a bit and may not have had the time.

Oh I know it's not you. I was just buggin.

Hello CDC

Sorry for holding this up, as you all know I did get banned two months ago for reasons which I'm beyond embarrassed about. Hope you guys don't hold it against me. I'm trying to start this thing up again though I'm getting pretty busy so don't expect updates to be consistent. I haven't posted an update in two months so I might be a bit rusty off the bat - bear with me.

Thanks guys and enjoy the sim

-UMB

QMJHL Playoff Tree

1st Round

[2] Rimouski Oceanic 4 v 3 Acadie-Bathurst Titan [15]

[6] Quebec Remparts 4 v 1 PEI Rocket [11]

[7] Moncton Wildcats 2 v 4 Saint John Sea Dogs [10]

Rimouski, Quebec and Saint John advance to the 2nd Round

2nd Round

[2] Rimouski Oceanic 3 v 4 Saint John Sea Dogs [10]

[5] Chicoutimi Sagueneens 2 v 4 Quebec Remparts [6]

Saint John and Quebec advance to the 3rd Round

Rimouski has been eliminated from the QMJHL Playoffs

Mike Crosby's QMJHL career is over. Congratulations on a storied QMJHL career!

3rd Round

[1] Val-d'Or Foreurs 4 v 2 Saint John Sea Dogs [10]

[3] Halifax Mooseheads 4 v 0 Quebec Remparts [6]

Saint John and Quebec are eliminated

The QMJHL Careers of the two Russian beasts who have been dominating the QMJHL these last three years, have ended.

The QMJHL Careers of Mikhail Scorgolev and Pasha Ivashin are over. Congratulations to both on a storied QMJHL career!

qmjhl-final-logo.jpg

Who will win?

foreurs-logo.png

or

412px-Halifax_Mooseheads_Logo.svg.png

Val-d'Or is returning to the QMJHL Finals for the second straight year

Halifax is two seasons removed from the QMJHL Championship, but this time around they don't have QMJHL Player of the Year and likely AHL Player of the Year Chimon Midorima.

Find out now!

qmjhl-final-logo.jpg

[1] Val-d'Or Foreurs v Halifax Mooseheads [3]

WHO WILL WIN?

Game 1

Val-d'Or 4 Halifax 1

Game 2

Halifax 2 Val-d'Or 3 OT

Game 3

Val-d'Or 2 Halifax 3 OT

Game 4

Halifax 1 Val-d'Or 4

Val-d'Or leads the QMJHL Finals 3-1

Game 5

Val-d'Or 1 Halifax 9

Game 6

Halifax 2 Val-d'Or 1

Can Halifax complete the comeback? QMJHL Finals tied 3-3!

Game 7

Val-d'Or 3 Halifax 4 OT

BREAKING: DEJA VU FOR THE HALIFAX MOOSEHEADS EN ROUTE TO DEFEATING THE VAL-D'OR FOREURS IN GAME 7 OF THE QMJHL FINALS

Halifax was down and out - down 3-1 in the series when they started the comeback. Destroying Val-d'Or 9-1, then hanging on to win 2-1 in Game 6, forcing a game 7, where Halifax won in almost the same pretenses as their QMJHL Championship two years ago.

Two years ago, the Halifax Mooseheads were down 3-1 in the series when they came back and forced a Game 7. In that Game 7, Chimon Midorima scored a clutch OT Goal to win the game, 5-4 for the Mooseheads en route to their first President's Trophy

Two years later, the Halifax Mooseheads, down 3-1 in the series, mount a comeback, forcing a game 7. In that Game 7, Halifax scored in OT to win the game, 4-3, leading the team to their second ever President's Trophy and a second trip to the Memorial Cup in three years.

Deja vu indeed.

(just thought Chimon would find that interesting)

Real Announcement

The Memorial Cup Selection Committee has announced the winner of the bidding for the 2014 Memorial Cup

As 2015 was the QMJHL's turn to host the Memorial Cup, three teams submitted bids to host the tournament

These three teams were - the Quebec Remparts, the Saint John Sea Dogs and the Chicoutimi Sagueneens

Based on Venue, Location, Nearby Amenities, and Competitiveness of Team, the Memorial Cup Selection Committee has unanimously voted the winner of the bidding.

The team that has been awarded the right to host the 2015 Memorial Cup is.....

200px-Quebec_Remparts.svg.png

Having been the 2013 QMJHL Runner-Ups, making it to OT of Game 7, while having other 3rd and 2nd Round Exits, and also finishing 1st, 7th and then 5th in the QMJHL regular season during 2013, 2014 and 2015 respectively, the Remparts were the most competitive team of the 3 bidding. The Selection Committee not only picked London for their competitiveness the last three years but also for their venue, largest of the three bidders with a capacity of 15,176. Quebec City is also the 11th largest city in Canada by population and 2nd largest in Quebec, beating both Saint John and Chicoutimi, and is located by Montreal and Ottawa, two huge hockey markets. Quebec City is also extremely famous for it's history and culture, so the selection committee is extremely proud to show off the hockey in Quebec City via the Memorial Cup and the Canadian culture. Quebec City also has enough and very good hotels as well as it's own airport, and so it is obvious that Quebec City is the deserving winner of the bidding.

Congratulations to Quebec City on winning the right to host the 2015 Memorial Cup, it's second time in it's history, and 1st in 12 years!

Archived