The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should we split up the Sedins for the first month or so?

Bananas

LOL so funny how everyone is agreeing on splitting the Sedins up. I've been saying this for over a year now. I've even posted on here that we should do that & know one thought it was a good idea.

Anyways like I've always said if they're true 6+ million $ players than they should be able to play with other players. Now which Sedin does the top defensive pair mark? 2 scoring lines just like that.

LOL so funny how everyone is agreeing on splitting the Sedins up. I've been saying this for over a year now. I've even posted on here that we should do that & know one thought it was a good idea.

Anyways like I've always said if they're true 6+ million $ players than they should be able to play with other players. Now which Sedin does the top defensive pair mark? 2 scoring lines just like that.

oh yes & my original lines I posted a week ago was -

D.Sedin - Kesler - Burrows

Higgins - H.Sedin - Kassian

Booth - Santorelli - Hansen

Weise - Richardson- Sestito

Now that Scroeder is back you inject him in until you find a spot for him I guess. I'm not a big fan of Schroeder as he is too undersized for what he brings. Hope he proves me wrong but I would like to eventually see Schroeder, Booth & Hamhuis being replaced with younger bigger stronger types. eg, Schroeder & Booth for Ott & Hamhuis for a Willie Mitchell/ Scuderi type.

oh yes & my original lines I posted a week ago was -

D.Sedin - Kesler - Burrows

Higgins - H.Sedin - Kassian

Booth - Santorelli - Hansen

Weise - Richardson- Sestito

Now that Scroeder is back you inject him in until you find a spot for him I guess. I'm not a big fan of Schroeder as he is too undersized for what he brings. Hope he proves me wrong but I would like to eventually see Schroeder, Booth & Hamhuis being replaced with younger bigger stronger types. eg, Schroeder & Booth for Ott & Hamhuis for a Willie Mitchell/ Scuderi type.

You're making my eyes twitch... No need to dog Hammer just because he's had a few bad games, dude. He's been rock solid for years.

You're making my eyes twitch... No need to dog Hammer just because he's had a few bad games, dude. He's been rock solid for years.

Did I once say I was dogging anybody never mind Hammer. I'm saying trade a great player for a great player. Every team needs certain types of players for balance. I feel like we have a Young Hammer in Tanev & Corrado. So why not get a piece of the puzzle we need buy trading a Veteran blueliner while his stock is high.He's 30+ years old now & he's an Olympic prospect. That could fetch us a bigger tougher stronger defence man that can log big minutes., Something I believe we are lacking big time.

When I say trade someone it's because of lots of reasons not because I think they are no good. I love Burrows but I think it might be time to start thinking of unloading him to as he is getting older & still has great value so why not get a younger newer improved Burrows at trade deadline if possible? Lots of teams will be moving great young prospects for players they think can help them win this year. U don't get better just staying put with the same core for 8 years. Sometimes you move a player to get a geat younger player in return.

This should be the lineup when the Sedins need to be split

Burrows Hank Kesler

Dank Schroeder Kassian

Booth Santorelli Higgins

Weise Richardson Hansen

Edler Garrison

Hamhuis Bieksa

Stanton Tanev

Luongo

Lack

or

Burrows Hank Kassian

Dank Kesler Higgins

Booth Santorelli Schroeder

Weise Richardson Hansen

Doesn't look bad man. but just because made a 3rd topic post on this... idea. No plus for you. :frantic:

Did I once say I was dogging anybody never mind Hammer. I'm saying trade a great player for a great player. Every team needs certain types of players for balance. I feel like we have a Young Hammer in Tanev & Corrado. So why not get a piece of the puzzle we need buy trading a Veteran blueliner while his stock is high.He's 30+ years old now & he's an Olympic prospect. That could fetch us a bigger tougher stronger defence man that can log big minutes., Something I believe we are lacking big time.

When I say trade someone it's because of lots of reasons not because I think they are no good. I love Burrows but I think it might be time to start thinking of unloading him to as he is getting older & still has great value so why not get a younger newer improved Burrows at trade deadline if possible? Lots of teams will be moving great young prospects for players they think can help them win this year. U don't get better just staying put with the same core for 8 years. Sometimes you move a player to get a geat younger player in return.

Sorry if I misunderstood, then. I think we should keep Hammer of all the D-men. Well, and Garrison. He also has an NTC :/

Higgins - Henrik - Kesler line has definitely earned some games together. Two goals like that to come back and win a game.is impressive and should be explored further.

Heretic was trying to chuck s**t but he mostly just ate it, although I don't think he realizes it. That after-taste will hit him soon enough. He was probably drunk when he did it. You know how it goes...

Burrows-Henrik-Kassian/Booth

Daniel-kesler-Booth/Kassian

HIggins-Santerolli-Hansan

Sesitio-Richardson-Weise

Top six is pretty good if it doesnt work trade either booth or kassian and try to upgrade that position.

3rd line is great, this line can provide offense when needed but is also going to be solid defensivly.

4th line is good for now but should be upgraded for a deep playoff run.

Need a better 6th defensemen than Stanton.

You should have seen the uproar anytime I suggested AV split the saucer from the main ship (star trek reference here). Splitting the Sedins should not be our go to move..but you must do it from time to time to break our one line appearance and keep other teams top shutdown crews honest. I fully support doing it now and again and sometimes for full games. When I have said this in the past i basically got shouted down by the 'experts' here at CDC. lol

Exactly. As good as they are together, sometimes they need to be separate to kill another team's shutdown line. Like you said - doesn't have to be all the time - a period here or there...even a few shifts can wreck another teams line matching - makes them focus on us instead of trying to score a goal is fine by me.

Split them up? It's what Tort's has been doing, when things aren't working. (So far seems to work better, than when Coach AV did it.)

Anyways, I don't get this thread...

Split them up for a month????

Splitting them up when it's needed in a situation makes more sense.

I don't like armchair coaching, but if you split up arguably one of the best duo's in hockey, it better not be permanent.

Shake up the team, when nothing is happening?..fine by me.

Well, this thread is from last season :lol: didn't bother to edit.

Though I do think that splitting them up could provide a good change of scenery and should be tried for more than a shift or two to see if it is actually a good long-term solution.

There's no harm in checking. If they can play well apart on a regular basis, it could be very important come play-off time given how well their strategy has been solved when they play together.

Higgins- Henrik-Kesler

Daniel-Santorelli-Burrows

Booth-Schroeder -Hansen

Sestito -Richardson-Kassian

I would switch Santorelli and Schroeder for a couple reasons.

1 - Schroeder getting to play with Sedin would be a great boost in his development IMO.

2 - Booth - Santorelli - Hansen would be a very hard line to play against because of the way all three of these players grind opponents in the offensive zone.

3 - Booth and Santorelli have previous chemistry. I dunno if it will come back to them quickly, but it would be nice if it did.

Also, I'd probably play Weise over Sestito. More energetic, which might inspire Kassian.

Why do people feel the need to put Higgins/Hansen on the fourth line. Putting a couple more than proven solid 3rd liners on your 4th line doesn't make your team any deeper. It just means you're giving useless players like Booth and Kassian more minutes. If you're going to propose a set of line combinations at least put some though into it; and if you feel like Higgins and Hansen are best served on the fourth line, then this is why you are putting your suggestions on CDC and not somewhere where it matters.

Archived