The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Manitoba hockey team to carry on after losing 3 young players in plane crash

Aladeen

On December 30th, 1986, the junior Swift Current Bronco's team bus crashed en route to a game in Regina on an icy road. Four players were killed - Trent Kresse, Scott Kruger, Chris Mantyka and Brent Ruff (Lindy's younger brother). Joe Sakic and Sheldon Kennedy were rookies on the team. The Broncos dedicated the rest of the season to their four lost teammates.

http://www.greatesthockeylegends.com/2007/04/swift-current-bus-crash-killed-four.html

Graham James was the coach. Here is an in depth article by Gare Joyce:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=swiftcurrent

so many good planes for a sightseing flight but a Cessna 210? really?

why not a good C172 or a C182? even a Cherokee Six would be better...

with a C172 the kids would have the opportunity even to take the controls for some moments...

the Cessna 210 is a true workhorse, a masterpiece to work. they do in the jungle things that people don´t believe. powerfull, fast, handle very well. but believe me guys. when you have and emergency with this plane you really have an emergency. the C210 isn´t for rookie Pilots specially because it´s landing gear system it´s a nightmare when it´s fail...

I lost 4 friends because the C210 decided fail at the wrong time and at the wrong place...

well trained or not. when the C210 decides wreck it´s a fast and deep descent and the end isn´t good...

RIP for those kids and comfort to their families. althout we say everything the time will not return and the pain will be there. asking "what happened?" and only the time will give them forces to keep on...

"recreational flights", low altitude, low speed, lot of people. I know this story and how it ends. when ICAO will create rules for this type of flights?

Archived