The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Our Fans

nhlrefsuck

Security is tight because it has to be in with Vancouvers drunken punks starting fights every game , ruining the game for others.

Other cities like Vegas can have people drink and behave without acting like morons with a beer in hand.

Every public event has been cancel because of young morons who seem to have to prove themselves tough.

They need to grow up and lose the gangsta nonsense.

I agree that WPG has amazing fans. So does Nashville. We are definitely lame. However,..................

While I agree our fans are deafeningly quiet, I would not say it is due to "suits". Seasons tickets have been in my family for well over 30 years. I am not a "suit" and yet when I go to games and look around, what do I see? Too many lazy fans on their IPhone, Blackberry etc texting away while the play is on. It seems in our tech-savy generation, folks don't know how to survive without letting everyone in the universe know what they are doing, every exact moment it happens. Who cares if on Twitter you say you are going to get a beer, or spotted a celebrity etc..? What could possibly be so important you can't live without your fingers on your phone?

The good ol' days, fans came to games with friends, had a beer and popcorn, cheered, shouted, jumped, and were involved in the game. I think it's just the folks of our city.

While the boxes may contain suits, when I am at games, I look around and see plenty of 20/30 something year olds not even talking to the person they came with! I say we need to get back to being IN the game.

at games these days i often find that I'm the only one cheering/yelling/making any noise at all in my entire section. i think this is because (a) there is a general culture of being subdued and (B) lots of people are just there for the spectacle, not actual diehard fans.

i don't think the solution is that complicated. we don't need to create entire songs/ballads like they do in europe or for the whitecaps.

i personally like the chants that cheer on our team more than the ones that try and put down the other team ... these ones just seem to get our opponents even more fired up rather than having the effect of demoralizing them.

so go canucks go is nice and all ... but i think it would be a lot better if one particular player is playing well, and we do a little something like yankees fans do in new york where you chant the name of the player ....

Ja-nick Han-sen *clap clap clap clapclapclap* and repeat ... this is simple, would fire up the boys, and would not be hard to start at all and would not get us kicked out.

Archived