The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I'm calling it.

Bodee

I'd like to try whatever you're on, if the Jets win the cup this year, Brix. Will. Be. Shat.

My longshot pick for this year is the Ducks

The Hawks if they can stay healthy.

Pittsburgh in the East, Crosby is playing like Crosby; and he seems to have found Gretzky-Kurri like Chemistry with Chris Kunitz.

Montreal & Carolina would be my longshot picks in the East.

Vancouver does not have it this year, sadly.

I applaud the boldness of your prediction. However, I don't see the Jets winning the cup for a long, long time with the core that they currently have. They are in my opinion, only a little better than the flames were about 3 years ago. Winnipeg also fails to realize that a significant rebuild is necessary. The cup won't be heading to The Peg for awhile.

I agree that their best players are young. After reconsidering the situation you are obviously right. The correct phrase I should of used was retooling. You are correct that the age of the team is not the problem. However, I am just not convinced that this group will ever be able to compete in the playoffs. Perhaps its my own ignorance due to the team being in Atlanta previously and therefore being considered a write off. But I truly feel that this team has actually been over achieving these last two years considering the team that they have. Besides Ladd, Wheeler, Byfugly and possibly Bogosian I just cannot speak highly of anyone else on their team. To be honest, I'm at a lack for words when trying to sufficiently back up my statement at the moment. However, I stand behind it and will perhaps let it speak for itself with their future performance. I think that the Jets do not have a good enough team to make the playoffs (yet alone win the cup). Just my opinion

Enstrom is solid. But I definitely do not speak highly of Kane. His attitude is a huge problem that must effect the team significantly. People who have played with him in the past all seem to have some pretty disturbing stories relating to his attitude. He definitely is skilled but I believe his ego hinders the team's chemistry to a point where he is taking away more than he is adding with his skill.

The Jets to win the Stanley Cup.

Having watched the Jets compete level against the Bruins it reminded me of the Canucks when they were firing on all cylinders. Except for me the Jets coped easily with the Bruins physicality.....and then some.

They seem to have a fine goalie and strength all down the lines with grit to burn.

Lastly, I watch a lot of hockey on GameCenter Live and I don't think I've heard a louder crowd. That alone can propel them through some of the tougher playoff games.

Anyone else impressed with that team?

Archived