The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Don't Have SKILL to Get by Anymore

LuongoG1

:picard: I understand you hate MG Bodee, but c'mon man wake up.

Gillis gest tons of sh*t that is undeserved. He brings in players that we need and MG doesn't make them work.

He brought in a top 4 Dman in Ballard and now look at what AV has done with him, he brought in a top 6 forward in Booth. He brought in a top shutdown defenseman in Garrison and signed him at below market value. Aswell re-signed all our core pieces at well below market value so we can even have the team we have today. But he never gets credit for that. Nope.

Yeah our team has been injured. So AV deserves some slack. But its not excuse. Look at Ottawa. if you haven't realized this team has been making the same mistakes since the Boston game last year. Out PP has been an asbsolute dud. No changes made there though, who's fault is that? MG's? Or AV's? I don't even know what system this team plays, we can't score, we have no PP, so we have no offense. So it isn't an offensive system. But at the same point we can't play defense as we have seen this years, its a fire drill in our own end with many giveaways. So what exactly does our system focus on? What is it supposed do? Do we even have one?

I could go on and on. But the bottom line is this team has been carried by goaltending this year, and suggesting otherwise is pure delusion. Without outstanding goaltending this team can't win, and it shouldn't be that way.

And here MG has pulled off another great move bringing in Roy. So there, AV now has something to work with.

Any team can use injuries as an excuse. Bottom line is aside from Kesler their top guys were healthy and present and let the team down. It's not like Boston didn't have guys bruised up either. Every team that makes the finals is banged up. Plain and simple they got completely shelled and embarrassed in Boston and never fought back.

You don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Daniel Henrik Burrows

Raymond Kesler Samuelsson

Higgins Malhotra Hansen

Edler Ehrhoff

Hamhuis Bieksa

Rome Tanev

Blue = Playing Injured

Red = Out

Henrik - Back

Raymond - Back

Kesler - Hip & Groin

Samuelsson - Hernia

Higgins - Broken Foot

Malhotra - Eye

Edler - Broken Fingers

Ehrhoff - Shoulder

Hamhuis - Groin

Bieksa - Bruised ACL

Rome - Suspended

You can call injuries making excuses all you want, but 7 of your top 9 forwards and 5 of your top 6 d-men is one hell of a lot to overcome. We're not talking your typical bumps and bruises.

:picard: I understand you hate MG Bodee, but c'mon man wake up.

Gillis gest tons of sh*t that is undeserved. He brings in players that we need and MG doesn't make them work.

He brought in a top 4 Dman in Ballard and now look at what AV has done with him, he brought in a top 6 forward in Booth. He brought in a top shutdown defenseman in Garrison and signed him at below market value. Aswell re-signed all our core pieces at well below market value so we can even have the team we have today. But he never gets credit for that. Nope.

Yeah our team has been injured. So AV deserves some slack. But its not excuse. Look at Ottawa. if you haven't realized this team has been making the same mistakes since the Boston game last year. Out PP has been an asbsolute dud. No changes made there though, who's fault is that? MG's? Or AV's? I don't even know what system this team plays, we can't score, we have no PP, so we have no offense. So it isn't an offensive system. But at the same point we can't play defense as we have seen this years, its a fire drill in our own end with many giveaways. So what exactly does our system focus on? What is it supposed do? Do we even have one?

I could go on and on. But the bottom line is this team has been carried by goaltending this year, and suggesting otherwise is pure delusion. Without outstanding goaltending this team can't win, and it shouldn't be that way.

And here MG has pulled off another great move bringing in Roy. So there, AV now has something to work with.

Well how old was Bourque when he played Game 7 in the SCF? All right, Linden may not have his calibre, but what he does have is the power of will and determination, even in his older age. That makes the greatest difference - it would lift the entire team to win.

I agree, Sedins are awesome players, but not leaders. They are not physical and loud.

I think Salo had the leadership skills, team was struggling when he was injured and away, and now when he's not in the team anymore.

Well how old was Bourque when he played Game 7 in the SCF? All right, Linden may not have his calibre, but what he does have is the power of will and determination, even in his older age. That makes the greatest difference - it would lift the entire team to win.

I agree, Sedins are awesome players, but not leaders. They are not physical and loud.

I think Salo had the leadership skills, team was struggling when he was injured and away, and now when he's not in the team anymore.

MG is ultimately responsible for the overall culture and attitude of the team. So far, I say the team culture has begun to produce poor attitudes - few, if anyone, on this team seem to have the full-out will power to win. If they had, they would play through injury and pain, not get affected by anything, and just keep going.

Archived