The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks are #2 in Active Sellouts!

AL Nite Long

Another sign of interest in baseball dropping in North America... which I personally like! Soccer is creeping up as it should and once the older stubborn sport fans are slowly being replaced with the newer generation, more exciting and global sports like soccer and hockey and basketball will replace baseball.

On another note, it's not fair to compare NHL and MLB and NFL sell outs. Baseball has way too many games so harder to sell out but at the same time, if you have a popular team, it's easier to have the longest sell out streak. NFL is the opposite, easier to sell out a single game due to way fewer games, but takes too long to match a sell out streak of a 162 game baseball team.

Talking about sellouts, I was watching the Avs at Ducks and it must be soul destroying to play in front of a half full arena.

You also have to wonder if Calgary's arena would have been half full if the Canucks fans hadn't turned up in such numbers. It seems our fans keep most of the Canadian teams going (I am joking of course)

A lot of the empties are just people with season tickets that didn't end up making the game, or people that are late to the game/show up later, or regular people that didn't make it, or sat in the booth with their friends, etc, although I'm not saying it isn't true that aquillini buys some of the empties to keep it going.

Have you been to a game? There's A LOT of empty seats. Not surprisingly in the lower bowl.

Most of the lower bowl seats (especially River Rock "VIP" seats) are sold to corporations who give them to employees, so in a since yes we sell out, but really the Canucks just "sell out" to a degree.

Archived