The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC STHS Hockey League (Season 3)

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

6th overall draft pick, defenceman prospect without a spot for a first/second line center with great D that can cover for rookie mistakes LOL Swee sucks.

30th overall, wildcard first next year for someone with 91 passing so Loui finally has a center LOL Swee sucks

I know I've pissed away any benefit of the doubt I might have had, but for gods sake people come on.

Evgeny Kuznetsov is available, along with all draft picks

Uncreated prospects Magnus Hellberg, Jimmy Lodge, Caleb Herbet, Zachary Stepan, Thomas Di Pauli, Connor Carrick, Austin Wuthrich, Kirill Gotovets, Troy Rutkowski, Michael Chaput, and Nikita Nesterov are all available

Edit: For those who will be PMing about Kuznetsov, I wont be taking crap for him, so be prepared to offer something worthwhile.

6th overall draft pick, defenceman prospect without a spot for a first/second line center with great D that can cover for rookie mistakes LOL Swee sucks.

30th overall, wildcard first next year for someone with 91 passing so Loui finally has a center LOL Swee sucks

I know I've pissed away any benefit of the doubt I might have had, but for gods sake people come on.

You traded 3 firsts for 2 guys who are STHS career 50 point guys

Grab trade may be a bit of a head scratcher, but Zajac one isn't as much. Not going to say what I'm gonna say in order to defend myself, but rather I'm going to say this from a total neutral standpoint:

Swee has been rebuilding for some time now and it's resulted in him having an excellent roster youth wise. So many top prospects with tons of potential, you can't take that away from him. Ever since he's been rebuilding, his most valuable trade asset was with him (Eriksson) and it was what could have for him the most value back in return, and would have made the process into a total rebuild. Unfortunately/fortunately, the league stepped in the numerous times he's tried trading Loui and it led him to be in a situation where he has a youthful team with an Allstar winger. ..turns out, Loui is the best forward in the game and has dominated with subpar teammates all along, producing astonishing numbers.

Now, you look at Dallas and think - does he continue to rebuild or does he add on now? He can't really rebuild that much more considering the top end talent he has with some of his youth and it will take a few seasons before they fully blossom. Until, he has to either wait or he can add established players to the current teams, making him a better now and in the future. Turns out he decided to go with route 2 and add into his current youthful team.

Yea you can question the value of deals, but ultimately, he has the best player in all of STHS who's been dominating on a bottom feeding team; doesn't really fit for Eriksson. Now Dallas has tried trading him to complete the rebuild - I know this from first hand experience since I offered my top prospects and picks but again it was shutdown by the league - but it hasn't happened due to whatever reason the league or whomever is in charge of that. Now, looking at Swee, he's in a frustrated situation so I'm assuming he decides why leave Loui alone, give him a supporting cast instead since he is untradable and that's exactly what he's done.

Zajac is a close point per game player and Grabs is easily an above .5 points per game guy. Despite Grabs not being a higher points per game guy, he has insane passing...Eriksson has insane shooting , hmm, I wonder what will happen there...which will/should workout. Eriksson has inflated the numbers of the young guys he's played with so what's the chance that he won't inflate the numbers of Zajac and Grabs? Zajac is one of the best 2-way forwards in STHS and he is in his prime. Grabs is one of the best passers in STHS. Eriksson is the best player and shooter in STHS. If you ask me, that's something that can rip apart and tear open the league.

Yea he's questionably given up a lot of future for this to happen, but of it's what other teams want , you have to match it in order to make it happen and that's what Swee did. He already had tons of talent which will take some years to develop fully, so in the meantime, why leave the best player in STHS hanging when he can give him a great cast of players in which it will get the best of Loui, and at the same time let the young guys develop as they will slowly.

...long post, yea, but this is my take on it from a total neutral point in all honesty. Swee has given up quite a lot of future, but he's made himself a current contender with talent waiting to burst out any moment, and most importantly - which I believe is the motive behind all these moves - has given Loui Eriksson, hands down the best player in STHS, an actual cast of players near his calibre to play with.

^ Instead of writing a god damn essay, I'll refute your novel with a few points:

Zajac isn't PPG

you say we can question the values, then move on, except the exact reason we hate these deals is for the values, not the intentions

Having a good combo on paper doesn't always work in STHS, every team in this league has had a case of passer to shooter not working as planned

You're not neutral, you want the trade approved so you can get the 6th pick

Archived