The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Another Proposal

Same philosophy as my previous proposal, but just changed it up a bit - staying competitive, getting younger, and gaining size; in other words, transforming into an actual playoff team built for success.

1.) Edler, maybe a mid round pick or subpar prospect for Bobby Ryan

- we wasted an opportunity to trade Schneider for Jeff Carter, a pure sniper, last deadline which would've solved our scoring woes. This will make up for it and set the tone moving forward.

2.) Luongo, Sweatt for Couturier, Talbot

- Philly'a goaltending is what made them miss the playoffs; Lu makes them instant contenders right away. As for Bryz, that'll be Philly's problem to get him out either if that means via trade or buyout.

3.) Booth, 2nd to Jersey for Matteau & Fayne

- replaces Ioss of Clarkson, plus we get a B to B+ prospect who has skill and tons of size. Solid addition to the prospect pool.

4.) 3rd/4th for Brian Boyle

- monster body, enough said

5.) sign Babchuk (another huge body), Clarkson (gritty playoff player), and a goalie.

6.) get a coach that will allow youngsters to play cause like how MG said yesterday, young guys will have to play.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Clarkson - Kesler - Ryan

Roy - Couturier - Kassian

Lapierre - Boyle - Hansen

[Talbot, Weise, Schroeder, Jensen, Gaunce, Matteau]

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Garrison - Babchuk

Corrado - Tanev

[Fayne, Alberts]

Schneider

FA

[Lack, Cannata]

*Don't know whether or not to keep Higgins or trade him. Don't know whether or not to keep Ballard and Roy. I see it as you keep one of Roy or Ballard. I'd go keep Roy to ensure we have scoring abilities for playoffs although Ballard is a top 4 dman, plus it'd mean we have youngsters on the back end. Sign Roy 1 year and see his full potential then keep him/let him go after the year depending on his play.*

Tons of forward depth, maybe sign a defence man to ensure depth there. Scoring woes will vanish come playoffs. Team has sandpaper, grit, skill, and scoring abilities.

1) I would not be unhappy with an Edler for Ryan trade! I just would hate to give a guy that developed in the organization. Its also been a crappy short season. I think it should be straight up though if it happens.

2) Luongo wont go to Philly, look at the way they treat their tenders (though with Bryz that may be justified lol) and if so they wouldnt give up Couturier, nevermind him AND Talbot. Even with Sweatt with Lui. Would be just picks. (Couturier or Talbot would really help the pk troubles though)

3) As long as we get rid of Booths contract I'm happy

4) Boyle wont be traded, NYR values him especially after losing Prust and trading Rupp.

5) No. Sorry Lol. We should just resign Alberts again!

6) Guy Boucher?? I thought he did well in TBay wth the youngsters: with good roles they would be comfortable in, not just hiding them on the 4th line.

VAN aint trading Higgins, as much as this season turned out badly with him not really showing up; they signed him a new contract, with taking into account the salary cap decreasing: he is in VAN's plans for the time being.

How much would you resign Roy for?? Thats my concern...

Same philosophy as my previous proposal, but just changed it up a bit - staying competitive, getting younger, and gaining size; in other words, transforming into an actual playoff team built for success.

1.) Edler, maybe a mid round pick or subpar prospect for Bobby Ryan

- we wasted an opportunity to trade Schneider for Jeff Carter, a pure sniper, last deadline which would've solved our scoring woes. This will make up for it and set the tone moving forward.

2.) Luongo, Sweatt for Couturier, Talbot

- Philly'a goaltending is what made them miss the playoffs; Lu makes them instant contenders right away. As for Bryz, that'll be Philly's problem to get him out either if that means via trade or buyout.

3.) Booth, 2nd to Jersey for Matteau & Fayne

- replaces Ioss of Clarkson, plus we get a B to B+ prospect who has skill and tons of size. Solid addition to the prospect pool.

4.) 3rd/4th for Brian Boyle

- monster body, enough said

5.) sign Babchuk (another huge body), Clarkson (gritty playoff player), and a goalie.

6.) get a coach that will allow youngsters to play cause like how MG said yesterday, young guys will have to play.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Clarkson - Kesler - Ryan

Roy - Couturier - Kassian

Lapierre - Boyle - Hansen

[Talbot, Weise, Schroeder, Jensen, Gaunce, Matteau]

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Garrison - Babchuk

Corrado - Tanev

[Fayne, Alberts]

Schneider

FA

[Lack, Cannata]

*Don't know whether or not to keep Higgins or trade him. Don't know whether or not to keep Ballard and Roy. I see it as you keep one of Roy or Ballard. I'd go keep Roy to ensure we have scoring abilities for playoffs although Ballard is a top 4 dman, plus it'd mean we have youngsters on the back end. Sign Roy 1 year and see his full potential then keep him/let him go after the year depending on his play.*

Tons of forward depth, maybe sign a defence man to ensure depth there. Scoring woes will vanish come playoffs. Team has sandpaper, grit, skill, and scoring abilities.

i agree with the buyouts for booth and ballard if they can't be traded, but imo, if they can't find wingers to bring out the best in kesler, than they should move kesler.....our top line is not the problem...with secondary scoring, they will be productive.

i could see edler being moved......with tanev and corrado pencilled as top six, you know that bieksa, hamhuis and garrison are not going any where, some thing has to give....

so we could see booth, roy, raymond and even kesler gone for next year...hopefully they keep kesler.....

Archived