The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

I know it makes me a bad person but.. I like Neal more today than I did yesterday :(

Not saying he shouldn't be suspended though.. it was a dumb play.

Hey OTTS when I was 14 I watched a kid I grew up with die on the football field when a player from the opposing team intent was to injure, I thought highly of James Neal , now not so much.

The Columbus Blue Jackets are excited to add, Jordan Nolan, Lukas Sutter, Viktor Fasth, Mark Stuart, Carter Ashton and Justin Peters to our organization and each of them bring a unique skill set we have been looking for. We want to thank Robin Regehr, Corey Emmerton, Andrej Meszaros, Eddie Lack, and Steve Bernier for all their hard work and dedication. We wish them the best of luck with their new organizations.

Ty Webb

Columbus Blue Jackets

General Manager

Nanananana...

Columbus Blue Jackets Lineup Update – DEC 7/2013

LW

Andrew Ladd

Jeff Skinner

Eric Nystrom

Matt Hendricks

Dana Tyrell

C

Martin Hanzel

Cody Eakin

Joe Colborne

Drew Shore

RW

Lee Stempniak

Steve Ott

Jordan Nolan

Carter Ashton

LD

Patrick Wiercioch

Mattias Ekholm

David Savard

Alexander Urbom

RD

Matt Donovan

Keith Ballard

Mark Stuart

G

Viktor Fasth

Justin Peters

LTIR: Patrick Kaleta

Cleveland Barons (AHL) – 18 Players

LW

Jakub Culek

Tim Connolly

Lukas Sutter

C

Victor Rask

Brendan Gaunce (CHL)

TJ Tynan (NCAA)

RW

Tyler Biggs

Michael McCarron (CHL)

Kevin Porter

LD

Mark Eaton

Theo Peckham

Robby Russo (NCAA)

Mike Reilly (NCAA)

RD

Matt Hunwick

Duncan Siemens

Reece Scarlett

G

Jacob Markstrom

Harri Satteri

Hey OTTS when I was 14 I watched a kid I grew up with die on the football field when a player from the opposing team intent was to injure, I thought highly of James Neal , now not so much.

Wow so sorry to hear that man I assume there was history there and it was a pre-determined act?

As for Neal, I don't think Neal went into there thinking he wanted to injure him though, he had a second to pull his leg back when he should've, but didn't. It was a stupid decision but I don't think he went onto the ice thinking he wanted to hurt Marchand.

Wow so sorry to hear that man I assume there was history there and it was a pre-determined act?

As for Neal, I don't think Neal went into there thinking he wanted to injure him though, he had a second to pull his leg back when he should've, but didn't. It was a stupid decision but I don't think he went onto the ice thinking he wanted to hurt Marchand.

Nope that was just footy at all levels back then, standard practice to send out a goon to rough up the better players. While it is hard to determine deliberate intent to injure , he had to know there was a good chance he was going to hurt him.

Nope that was just footy at all levels back then, standard practice to send out a goon to rough up the better players. While it is hard to determine deliberate intent to injure , he had to know there was a good chance he was going to hurt him.

Sad that people get to that level to win.

Like I said, IMO, he had a second to either pull his knee back in or keep skating into him, clearly it was the wrong decision and he'll rightfully be suspended, but I have a hard time thinking Neal set out to hurt Marchand, I may be a bit biased as I am a huge fan of James Neal but just my thought on it.

My club as a teenager was 12 minutes away from our first win over a team that was traditionally the best around. One of their larger less skilled players threw his shoulders into the knees of one of our best guys. The guy that got hit shattered one kneecap and the other was dislocated so badly it looked hinged backwards. 24 years later our mate can still hardly walk, and still uses crutches to move about. They ended up winning. It is hard to prove premeditation, but sometimes the hard work and will to win turns ugly.

TRADE: The Columbus Blue Jackets have made a trade with the New York Rangers.

To CBJ:

Justin Peters

To NYR:

ANA 2014 3rd Round Draft Selection

It took some time to find anyone willing to part with a draft pick, even a third, for JP. We believe that he is worth it, and more, but reality being what it is, we would have lost him to waivers upon our next deal being posted by the league. We wish Justin the best of luck going forward.

TRADE: The New York Rangers have made a trade with the Columbus Blue Jackets.

To NYR:

Andrej Meszaros

Steve Bernier

Eddie Lack

To CBJ:

Viktor Fasth

Mark Stuart

Carter Ashton

We would like to welcome Eddie Lack, Andrej Meszaros and Steve Bernier to the New York Rangers as we say goodbye to Viktor Fasth, Mark Stuart and Carter Ashton. All six of these players are quality people first and foremost, and great hockey players as well.

This deal primarily is about goaltending, age of our team and acquiring Andrej Meszaros, a player who has been on our wishlist for some time. With Eddie Lack we strongly believe that our long term backup goaltending has been solidified. Eddie is big in the net, quality on the percentages and has the health of a 25 year old up and coming star. Of course we will miss the stellar play of Viktor Fasth and the quantity of his starts when healthy, but there are trade offs in every deal. Andrej Meszaros is a bit of a lateral move from veteran stalwart Mark Stuart. When we get him in practice and slot him into our high flying blueline we expect to see results on the scoresheet. Plain and simple, Defense wins championships. From the start we have been working our blueline towards offensive threats. The idea is the best defense is a good offense, most clearly true in this league. Steve Bernier, while not a top six type of player by any means, has found a niche in the game for his style of play, and where I say he is not top six and never should have been, he most certainly is one of the best bottom six guys in the business. We feel, our scouts and myself, that Steve Bernier is in the prime of his career, finally, and he has won the mental fight to mesh his game with the pro game.

Indeed all six of the players involved in this deal are fantastic in their own right, but the three men coming into our locker room each bring a core element with them that we covet in New York, and we expect each will contribute to our continued success and in fact help us to regain our footing in the top ten league wide.

Lastly I want to thank Columbus and Ty Webb for an honest and upfront negotiation. I think both clubs got what they were after in this deal, and both clubs will miss aspects of what they paid to get it done.

If Strachan cleared, he will slot into the next available Whale Dman spot.

Activation: The Rangers Activate Kevin Klein from LTIR. Klein will assume Strachan's roster spot.

A reminder to C2X that yesterday morning K.Klein was activated. and after the league standings I will post an updated depth chart.

Recall: The New York Islanders recall F Ryan Spooner from Flin Flon.

Demotion: The New York Islanders send D Rasmus Ristolainen to Flin Flon.

Zetterberg-Bergeron-Seguin

Wilson-Couture-Franzen

Bertuzzi-Cullen-Etem

Clifford-Steckel-Caron

Spooner-Emmerton

Seidenberg-Garrison

Regher-Hamilton

Smith-Stralman

_________

Rask

Hutton

LTIR: Edler, Bennett

standingsEastern.png

ATLANTIC

small.png Florida Panthers 2218

small.png Ottawa Senators 2119

small.png Boston Bruins 2045

small.png Buffalo Sabres 1926

small.png Detroit Redwings 1585

small.png Tampa Bay Lightning 1541

small.png Montreal Canadiens 1486

small.png Toronto Maple Leafs 1474

METROPOLITAN

small.png New Jersey Devils 1906

small.png Pittsburgh Penguins 1834

small.png New York Rangers 1802

small.png New York Islanders 1786

small.png Washington Capitals 1722

small.png Carolina Hurricanes 1693

small.png Philadelphia Flyers 1314

standingsWestern.png

CENTRAL

small.png Minnesota Wild 1721

small.png Chicago Blackhawks 1698

small.png Winnipeg Jets 1686

small.png Colorado Avalanche 1654

small.png Nashville Predators 1493

small.png St Louis Blues 1374

small.png Dallas Stars 1240

small.png Columbus Blue Jackets 1124

PACIFIC

small.png San Jose Sharks 1960

small.png Los Angeles Kings 1877

small.png Phoenix Coyotes 1764

small.png Edmonton Oilers 1739

small.png Anaheim Ducks 1671

small.png Vancouver Canucks 1652

small.png Calgary Flames 1287

Updated Rangers Lineup:

Vanek, Thornton, Iginla

Backlund, Stajan, Hudler

Bordeleau, Mattias, Bernier

Joensuu, Welsh, Hayes

............, ............, Skille

Sekera, Salo

Larsen, Muzzin

Meszaros, Murphy

Klein, Bortuzzo

Smith

Lack

LTIR: Souray (ETA: Feb 28th), Sbisa (ETA: Jan 21st), Malone (ETA: Dec 19-28th)

Updated Whale Lineup:

Larsson, Sgarbossa, McMillan

Telegin, Bass, Sceviour

Cowick, Johnston, Shalunov

Cunningham,

Sieloff

EDIT: Defensive Pairings at this mornings practice show a slight change to projected depth chart

The Blues finished 22nd this Week tied with the Flyers.

A mediocre Start at the Beginning of the Week and another Bad Saturday (36 Pts from 19 Active Players) costs us a better result

in the 1st Week of December. The Blues are still waiting for a BIG Night.

Positive...excepted © Dave Legwand and Brian Gibbons (Minors) every Player collected Points this Week.

Negative... Gelinas (19) , Ramo (14) , Gorges (13) and Mason (10) were the only Players above the 10 Points Mark.

Legwand was totally off again.

Player of the Week..no doubt...Eric Gelinas who´s coming closer to the Top 5 in the Rookie List from Week to Week.

A little bit late....Player of the Month November

Steve Mason

040813_mason.jpg

Steve had a fantastic November . After a cool Start in October with just 3 Wins in 9 Games he recorded 6 Wins , 2 Overtime Losses and 1 Shutout in 10 Games in November. With 2 Pims included it was enough for a 82 Points Season high for the Blues so far. Well not great Numbers compared to other Teams but something to Build on.

I hope Mason can keep this kind of play during the whole Season since he´s one of a few Guys who does really help us at the Moment.

Greenville Road Warriors Roster Update

Mike Halmo - Dominik Uher - Spencer Abbott

Chris Terry - Kevin Sundher - Marcel Noebels

Eric Selleck - Josh Jooris - Joey Crabb

Mario Lucia - Justin Dowling - Darroll Powe

Mark Borowiecki - Joonas Jarvinen

Ben Chiarot - Matt Konan

Konrad Abeltshauser - Joey Laleggia

Gleason Fournier

Niklas Svedberg

Samu Perhonen

Archived