The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

Wow, Canadian Junior squad lived up to its sad appraisal. In the long run though, we have a few kids that maybe should not have been there this year, who will benefit immensely next year from being there this year. I hope. Final Word from me: composure. Our kids appear to have an attitude problem that they have not earned a right to have, if that is the right way to say it. Petan and Druin, tsk tsk tsk. Overall, good job, but lets remember you're teenagers playing an amateur sporting event in front of the world. :picard:

At any rate: lets go FINLAND! WIsh it ended differently but since your in the race, your my horse!

I saw and liked someones post where they used the icons of the teams they have players on to build a graphic representation of their team...so sorry for stealing it, but imitation is the best form of flattery!

Sweet, now I know what it looks like for my Rangers!

small.pngsmall.pngsmall.png

small.png

small.pngsmall.png

small.pngsmall.png

small.pngsmall.png

small.pngsmall.png

^connor Murphy's 5th and 6th assist of the year!!! just saw that flash by my screen...

small.png

small.png

I saw and liked someones post where they used the icons of the teams they have players on to build a graphic representation of their team...so sorry for stealing it, but imitation is the best form of flattery!

Sweet, now I know what it looks like for my Rangers!

small.png

small.pngsmall.png

small.pngsmall.png

small.pngsmall.png

small.pngsmall.png

small.png

small.png

^^ There's mine :)

^ LMAO...you're 'good ol days' graphic representation of your team would be close to 18 Canucks logos...LOL

:P

3 currently on the roster (Kesler, Richardson, Alberts), 1 on IR (Burrows), 1 in the minors (Jensen), and 7 former Canucks (Raymond, Cooke, Schneider, Rome, Glass, Volpatti, Ohlund)

Man I never realized how much Pierre ruined the experience of that goal until seeing this...

Usually I don't mind Pierre... but going on about "Tavares' magical play" was just ridiculous. He backhanded it at the net late in the game. Nothing special on that play.

On-air silence and the crowd cheering like that makes that goal so much more enjoyable as a viewer.

Usually I don't mind Pierre... but going on about "Tavares' magical play" was just ridiculous. He backhanded it at the net late in the game. Nothing special on that play.

On-air silence and the crowd cheering like that makes that goal so much more enjoyable as a viewer.

Completely agree. Sometimes the best quality of a colour commentator is knowing when to just be silent.

small.pngNew Jersey Devils updated lineup small.png

small.png Milan Lucic small.png Anze Kopitar small.png Alexander Ovechkin

small.png Jussi Jokinen small.png Mike Ribeiro small.png Carl Hagelin

small.png Brooks Laich small.png Carl Soderberg small.png Kyle Palmieri

small.png Joakim Andersson small.png Marcus Kruger small.png J.T. Miller

small.png Colin Fraser

small.png Niklas Kronwall small.png John Carlson

small.png Torey Krug small.png Matt Irwin

small.png Nick Leddy small.png Deryk Engelland

small.png Matt Bartkowski small.png Kevan Miller

small.png Braden Holtby

small.png Michal Neuvirth

As you can see, full credit goes to Mike, as I just trimmed it up and made it compact, he was the O.P.

And as far as the discussion on Colour COmmentators goes. Anyone else starting to really think Kelly Hrudy is in over his head? hahaha...yesterday I think he used the same word "Duty" like 3 times about three different players play inside of 1 minute. "He is doing his doody there", "the goalie really doing his doody and stopping the puck" ...et cetera...made me laugh thinking that sometimes the best thing to say is nothing.

Several Flips in the standings this morning as I for one am realizing just how close most of our teams are. My Rangers slipped back several spots overall to rest at 11th with Phoenix gaining and currently in 12th overall. Every division has had a shakeup of sorts in the standings and it will continue through to the Olympic Break as less than 300 points separates the middle third. Personally I think any team as low as 26th overall right now could make a playoff push, but the clear window of separation does exist with the bottom 4. No sugar coating it, these four teams stand to select no lower than 5th overall (silver lining) in the 2014 draft, barring a miraculous shift in fortunes.

standingsEastern.png

ATLANTIC

small.png Florida Panthers 3121

small.png Ottawa Senators 2928

small.png Boston Bruins 2900

small.png Buffalo Sabres 2765

small.png Detroit Redwings 2248

small.png Montreal Canadiens 2180

small.png Tampa Bay Lightning 2163

small.png Toronto Maple Leafs 2028

METROPOLITAN

small.png New Jersey Devils 2763

small.png Pittsburgh Penguins 2545

small.png Washington Capitals 2543

small.png New York Rangers 2537

small.png New York Islanders 2449

small.png Carolina Hurricanes 2326

small.png Philadelphia Flyers 1828

standingsWestern.png

CENTRAL

small.png Minnesota Wild 2652

small.png Winnipeg Jets 2437

small.png Chicago Blackhawks 2340

small.png Colorado Avalanche 2270

small.png Nashville Predators 2192

small.png St Louis Blues 2018

small.png Dallas Stars 1855

small.png Columbus Blue Jackets 1594

PACIFIC

small.png Los Angeles Kings 2712

small.png San Jose Sharks 2687

small.png Phoenix Coyotes 2497

small.png Vancouver Canucks 2490

small.png Edmonton Oilers 2475

small.png Anaheim Ducks 2363

small.png Calgary Flames 1878

Recall: The New York Rangers recall Connor Murphy, pending LTIR requests this morning. Murphy is expected to play in tonights matchup.

Sorry C2X, but I think this was missed yesterday morning, and I need his 12 points real bad from last night. (moves the rangers back into 9th place from 11th, whew!) Glad I looked a little closer.

Archived