The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should the Sedins start standing up for themselves?

5Fivehole0

Should the Sedins fight?  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes. I believe a lot about the SC-Play-offs in 2011 had the stink of....pre-determination.

The Rome suspension was egregious. The league determined the severity of the suspension...based upon the severity of the supposed injury....not the act itself which was an honest hockey-play (.4 sec late)....gone bad - when the player hits his head awkwardly upon the ice.

However...the severity of the opponent's injury did not seem to be a consideration...with the Chara-on-Pacioretty NON-suspension...or the Lucic-on-Miller NON-suspension.... or the Boychuk-on-Raymond head-lock & pitch-fork into the boards NON-suspension. There wasn't even a penalty on that NON-hockey-play...that went extremely bad.

Mike Murphy revealed he sought the opinion of former league-disiplinarian....Brian Burke. Burkie & buddy Dave Nonis were fractiously turfed by the 'Nucks. Burkie favored the Gaglardi-group in their legal fight with the Aquilini's... over ownership of the Canucks. Burkie's personal & professional vindictiveness is legendary. If the league thought this particular process would be fair with Burkie involved...Murphy was mistaken. Canucks-fans had many legitimate reasons to cry foul.

Until THIS moment...the consequences by the league for hits to the head (targetted or otherwise) had been considered TOO lenient. The afore mentioned persons then collectively chose THIS moment in the SC-Final... against a D-crippled team to be at their harshest...on a player with a squeeky clean record. No need to ask why.....we all know why.

http://www.huffingto...n_b_872813.html

While Murphy publicly admits he & his advisor Burkie chose to assess a penalty based mainly upon the severity of the injury....the concussed player (Horton) then appears at the very loud rink & in night clubs...WHILE concussed. Hardly a near-death experience then... nor the really "severe" kind of concussion that it was portrayed to be ..BEFORE this ruling. Refereeing standards & the league's decisions...were inexplicable through-out the series.

BOS favoritism within the league was revealed by Campbell-gate. Campbell recused himself - only after public outcries of bias & nepotism in the press & social media. Ingratiated media like HNIC on CBC...took a suprisingly Pro-BOS stance however & feverishly villified the Canucks....warranting an insincere apology on-air the next season...to appease many angry fans & sponsers. As NHL President of the Board of Governors, Jacobs aides in determing media contracts...the anti-Canadian-team slant by on-air broadcasters working the Bruins/Canucks series...was much appreciated. Bruins' perrenial-cheerleader, Don Cherry, is such a laughable fixture on a Canadian tax-payer-sponsered network...but the perfect promoter for Mr. Jacobs team & his pro-violence & pro-fighting propaganda. Isn't this telling? I wonder if the CBC's prospects of future contractual-success with the NHL...depends upon that?

Anti-Canucks bias by some NHLOA officials (Auger's buddies) post-Auger-gate... was encouraged by the league. And - the officiating-teams working the 2011 Final series were very questionable in this regard. They made calls & determinations in that series...like they hoped to secure post-career NHL positions...that only a kingpin like Jacobs or his co-hort Campbell...could provide. Officiating-assignments to certain referees...are gifts for the block.

Stink...is something certain folks can tolerate well...where as others cannot abide it...for it is generally an indication that there is something vile - that needs to be cleaned-up!

Officiating during the shortened season was equally abhorent. And - it wasnt young or maturing refs making the worst calls. It was the so-called veterans who screwed the pooch & made our eyes roll.

The league (Jacobs, Campbell, Bettman) seemed to appease fence-sitting GMs & owners over the past few years by offering up ...that you may have it YOUR way (implementing measures to curb on-ice violence & protect the players) during the regular season.....but we will still have it OUR way...(liberal refereeing standards for on-ice-violence & game management tactics permitted)...in the play-offs. Real reforms to protect the players in all situations...were stalled with promises of studies & pilot projects in feeder leagues. This lock-out year was ALL the Original-6s way, however....and from the get GO! Not cool. Expect to see a back-lash from those fence-sitters.

The resulting 2013 SC-Final - featured the biggest Original-6 voting-block kingpin... versus his voting-block kingpin brother! It was the best case scenario for the league. Especially in a lock-out shortened season.....when re-couping losses for the guys who matter most in the league..was a priority. Was there some evidence of pre-determination in this? You be the judge.

The BOS vs CHI series was so "all in the family"...that it was complete with full-page congratulatory letters of mutual admiration for one another after the Cup presentation....& in self-interested papers. Glad to see some folks can still be all smiles about the way this league operates & conducts their business....by all means skolozsy2....lend 'em yours - too!

Again I will ask, if you really and truly believe the league is as corrupt as you claim and all outcomes are pre-determined, why the heck are you still watching?

Hahahaha, all smiles about the league. Thats where you're wrong.....I dont just hand the league my smiles, every year I hand over my money to them as well! And why wouldnt I? According to your beliefs, they've picked my team to win twice in the last four years....I guess I probably owe them a little something-something as a token of my appreciation, dont you think?

Archived