The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2015 CDC STHS Hockey League Draft

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Entry Draft Eligibility

All players age 19 or older [(i) any player who will be age 18 on or before September 15 in the year in which such Entry Draft is held, or (ii) reaches his 19th birthday between September 16 and December 31, both dates included, next following Entry Draft, can attain eligibility by delivering to the League a written notice (Opt in Form) prior to the later of May 1, or seven days following the date such player finishes competing on his team in the year in which such draft is to be held.] are eligible for claim in the Entry Draft, except:

(i) A Player on the Reserve List of a Club, other than as a try-out;

(ii) A player who has been claimed in two prior Entry Drafts;

(iii) A player who previously played in the League and became a free agent pursuant to the Collective Bargaining Agreement;

(iv) A player age 21 or older who had played hockey for at least one season in North America when he was age 18, 19 or 20

Based on that - I would say SOB is fine to draft him.

Rookie Qualifications

To be considered a rookie, a player must not have played in more than 25 NHL games in any preceding seasons, nor in six or more NHL games in each of any two preceding seasons. Any player at least 26 years of age (by September 15th of that season) is not considered a rookie.

" who meet draft eligibility requirements (North American players 18–20 years old and Europeans of all ages entering league for the first time, all others enter league as unrestricted free agents). The NHL Entry Draft is held once every year, generally within two to three months after the conclusion of the previous season. During the draft, teams take turns selecting amateur players from junior, collegiate, or European leagues."

*If they ain't on the reserve list of an NHL team and have never played here, you can draft them.

Unless *VC* is doing things differently*

Archived