The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack Kassian not what we think he is?

Merely

Nino..you have some good posts when its not about Kass..nobody is protecting the kid and we all know he has to improve to get rewarded but tell me...what is it with your hate for him...you thrive on posting negative crap about him at every chance...we get it..you dont like Kass...I am at a loss for your torrid hate for this kid...enlighten me please?

here's his reason

codythug2.jpg

I'm not beating him up. He is doing that pretty well for himself.

Line mates, even if you had a point only take you so far. You don't need line mates to look interested all the time, to show concentration in your own zone or to avoid taking silly penalties. He should take a tip from Richardson who is not the most gifted but he puts his back into every shift.

Kassian should be drawing penalties not giving them up.

I want him to succeed but what seems to hold him back is a glaring immaturity and petulance and it is hurting his chances and his team. He needs to get his head out his ass and back in the game and keep it there for every shift.

Can you tell me how many times you saw him feed richie/booth last year only for them to do nothing with the puck?

What about this year?

Please man, no one is saying he's 'great' yet but what people are sayig is the majority of kassian bashers on here have no clue about hockey and just need someone to take out their teenage angst on

Immaturity? How do you know he's immature? Do you know him? Or you just make things up

How do you know he's petulant?

Thats the same as me saying, I think you're a pedophile...(not that I am saying you are but you should understand the point here)..

Hey I can say it right? Because I say it, its true isn't it? Even though I have no facts to back it up..i just say it and its so...

give it a rest buddy...you have no clue nor do the majority of people on cdc whether he's immature, petulant etc...its something you just want to use as your excuse to hate him...fine

Not taking penalties? Wow you must have forgetten Bertuzzi in his first 5 years here

Here's a reminder

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=369

And many of them were alot worse than Kassian's...Most of Kassian's penalties come from being over aggressive...and if you want to suggest the refs dont have a special place for him youre fooling yourself as we can all see it, even the media has written about it..

As for Bert's penalties when he was here, they were often the 'lazy' type, hooks etc..

so many people here fail to think analytically and critically, want the easy answer, want to bash a player because its fun to troll...fine..

when he turns into what many of those who 'get' hockey know he'll become...we'll remind you

Says the guy who retorts with

1. No point on the topic

2. No value add

3. Insults

Wow...well done...irony of ironies

:picard:

I wasn't debating, just making an observation, I'll point out a few of your flaws though:

Stop my bitching?

Maybe use your brain and look at his advanced stats <Very amateur way of debating, that's something a immature high schooler would do (which ironically you were complaining about earlier).

Then you can find some pretend way to ignore that every year he has improved

Ya...maybe I just 'get' hockey and don't make judgements on players that are unrealistic, I actually see that he has alot of upside and is getting closer to it every year. <Fails to see something from the other side's, so makes a pretentious remark, as if that helps prove your point.

I also look at his advanced stats and see that as much as people want to 'claim' he is some defensive problem, he actually is NOT -THE STATS SAY THAT... <Never use all caps like that in a debate, again it makes you look immature. Also, advanced stats don't necessarily show how good a person is defensively.

WHEN YOU CAN COME UP WITH THE MATHEMATICAL / STATISTICAL RATIONALE BEHIND WHY NHL ADVANCED STATS ARE WRONG, I WILL GET YOU A JOB WITH ANY NHL TEAM... <People have discussed why advanced stats are unreliable and instead of pointing out why you think advanced stats are useful, you just make yet another immature, all cap response.

You see...CDC needs a whipping boy, that's what people do here, they troll, the over react, most get their hockey knowledge from NHL15 and never having played the game, and most have no idea what it takes to develop any sort of professional (not even in sports), because they are still in high school <Again, this comment was unnecessary.

Result, they overreact, they dont realize things take time, and the improvement is what matters, not that he isn't Cam Neely 2.0 already...

Very few posters on this site actually have analytical / objective views, they pile on, they love a player like coho so they hate Zack etc... <You're one of the least objective posters on the forum.

When you can show me that Zack Kassian has not improved in almost every category stats/advanced stats since he got here, I'll listen

Until then simpleton <Unnecessary.

STFU <Even more unnecessary.

OH AND BY THE WAY, IF HE WAS MAKING THE SAME ERRORS OVER AND OVER, HIS REGULAR AND ADVANCED STATS WOULD NOT BE IMPROVING OVER THE THREE YEARS HE'S BEEN HERE, THEY WOULD BE THE SAME OR WORSE <All caps.

SO....YA THAT'S MATH <All caps.

There's a brief overview and it may actually help you come across more mature in your arguments if you decide to listen.

Archived