The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PlayStation 4 Thread

PlayStation

Well I got a tv to play my ps4 on but the hdmi cord must be one of the faulty ones. It wouldn't register as connected so I used one of our own cords and it worked fine. So I gotta call futureshop and see if they'll exchange it.

I won't have any money for games till middle of the month so I've just been downloading everything they give me for free. Most seem like garbage but I wasn't minding DC universe online, entertaining enough for a week or so.

And I am officially done with consoles. PS4 and Xbox One are both overpriced poorly constructed pieces of sh**. Luckily I can break even on the $900. Have fun buying buying into the name brands.

And I am officially done with consoles. PS4 and Xbox One are both overpriced poorly constructed pieces of sh**. Luckily I can break even on the $900. Have fun buying buying into the name brands.

cool-story-bro.jpg

And goodbye!

Edited by PlayStation
  • Upvote 1

Ps4 is a great machine. Fast and amazing graphics

It is a good machine, but it's not for everyone. I sold mine as well with games for $700 (after I got it fixed). I gave it a fair chance and I didn't like it. I personally found it awkward to play on because of the joystick placements. Also none of my friends game on PS. Some people like PS4, some people don't.

Man my trial for ps plus is over and I need to sign up for it to play bf4..

Yet when I enter my credit card info it says it's invalid... In fact I tried both my credit cards and my debt card and none work!

Anyone know how to fix this!?

Yet when I enter my credit card info it says it's invalid... In fact I tried both my credit cards and my debt card and none work!

I think I had this problem before, it had something to do with not putting my address correctly. It has to match your billing info EXACTLY.

If it doesn't work try doing it online https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com or buy a PSN card.

Buy the card instead, I dont want to use my cc on consoles ever anymore after all the constant hacks that have happened to others.

Might finally pick up a ps4 after exams with my tax return.

Got the ps3 back at launch with my first games being full auto 2, need for speed carbon, motor storm and marvel ultimate alliance... All classics IMO.

Ps4 just doesn't seem to have the game support right now, but I'm sure sony has some games up their sleeves. Uncharted, watchdogs are around the corner. Another motor storm would be sweet, Platinumed all of them. I kind of grew out of FPS's so infamous is really the only game right now that looks decent

Edited by Tangelos

Might finally pick up a ps4 after exams with my tax return.

Got the ps3 back at launch with my first games being full auto 2, need for speed carbon, motor storm and marvel ultimate alliance... All classics IMO.

Ps4 just doesn't seem to have the game support right now, but I'm sure sony has some games up their sleeves. Uncharted, watchdogs are around the corner. Another motor storm would be sweet, Platinumed all of them. I kind of grew out of FPS's so infamous is really the only game right now that looks decent

If you like soccer I'd get FIFA as well. It's a great game with the new Ignite engine.

I know what you mean with all the FPS' though. I have Battlefield for PS4 and I never touch the game. I still haven't bought inFAMOUS yet, but I will sooner or later. Probably with my own tax return actually. :P

I find myself not using it as much now, might pick it up every other week for a hour or two but thats about it. Lack of games is a big factor plus no NHL is huge too. If there was nhl out id be playing every day if not every other.

Pretty much the same for me. NHL is a huge factor in how much I play my PS4. No NHL, then I barely touch it.

Expect you don't get all the same games

Obviously each platform has its exclusives but I am referring to must have games. As of now for PS4 or XO what non PC game(s) justify the $400 and $500 price tags? What about upcoming games? The only console game the only game coming out this year that actually seems special is Destiny. And though I am not as interested in it Halo 5 next year. I can just play Halo on someone else's console (campaign was really short in #4). I simply cannot justify spending $460-$560 just to play Destiny in my own living room.

Even so (keep in mind I had both consoles anyway) both were utterly poorly made. Similar to what some other members said the PS4 is cheaply made on the outside as I joined the broken/defective controller group (never even bought a game for PS4 just used it for Netflix and logged maybe 2-3 hours on the free monthly games). The XO is with how it runs. Screen tears and choppy frame rates love showing up.

With PC I have the same games I wanted but the machine handles it better. I even spent less money. Keep in mind everyone is going to by computers. Subtract the 400-500 off the price you were already going to spend on a computer and you can afford any reliable gaming PC. In addition with Steams family share I can play any of my friends library games for free. Given the constant bundles and sales and much larger selection of games with a few friends sharing libraries I am now nearing 400 games.

Obviously I should have expected people to react in such a way with me rambling about how crappy consoles are in a console thread though after mine broke I felt the need to ramble a bit and wonder why people actually think spending more money on a product with less content, cheaper material, buggier software, less space, less power, and is more expensive to fix or replace parts, is somehow logical. Unless it is simple ignorance.

NHL 15, Destiny. The two games I am most stoked for are only on console.

This is a good generation to be a PC gamer though, more multi-plats then 7th gen.

In addition with Steams family share I can play any of my friends library games for free.

That's actually a pretty sick feature.

Edited by Joffrey Lupul