The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] VAN - DET, NSH

Plum

It is a mystery to me if we need top 6 scoring help or not. Last night we scored 6 goals... Yes maybe Columbus gave up after the 3rd or 4th but 6 goals is still quite alot. What I think we do need for the playoffs is depth and role players. Players like the players I acquire in my proposal.

To Van: Abdelkader and a 5th-7th round pick 2014.

To Det: Tanev, Sauve, and (Weise if they would take Weise).

Why? Because Detroit lacks RDs and defensemens in general. They got Kronwall, Smith, Quincey, Kindl, DeKeyser, Lashoff and Ericsson. I think they are all left handed, so that proves my point right there. Sauve and Weise create some depth in the A and in the NHL, kind of throw ins for no reason but I think that may add the value of a pick.

For us, we get a good top 9 player, very versatile, decent PWF will help us in the playoffs and a guy that will show up and reminds of Callahan which Torts loved. Great grinder I am a fun of him.

To Van: Colin Wilson.

To Nsh: Jensen, 1st round pick 2014, Booth < (Optional if they would want him or not).

Why? Nashville gets a prospect, it is a risk but they also get a 1st round pick. Could translate into very good top 6 forwards with Forsberg, Hornqvist and Watson all reaching their prime around then. Kind of in a rebuild I say, they got Weber to keep them some what competitive and if they play their cards right they could be a very good playoff team to come. Very strong defense with Weber, Jones, Josi, Klein, Ellis and Ekholm, and a forward group with some depth.

For us, we get a top 6 player scored 19 points in 22 games last season played in the World Juniors with Schroeder and JVR, was a killer line. In the U18 in 2007, the top 3 scoring leaders in the tournament were JVR, Wilson and Schroeder. Shows how much damage they did but only won Silver.

This one looks to be an underpayment as Wilson is one of Nashvilles best forward, well I'll say their best.

Lineup from today moving till next year:

CAPGEEK.COM ARMCHAIR GM ROSTER

CapGeek Armchair GM Roster

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m)

Colin Wilson ($2.000m) / Jordan Schroeder ($0.600m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) / Mike Santorelli ($0.550m) / Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m)

Chris Higgins ($2.500m) / Brad Richardson ($1.150m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Ryan Reaves ($0.600m) / Tom Sestito ($0.750m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Alexander Edler ($5.000m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Frank Corrado ($0.591m)

Ryan Stanton ($0.550m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Andrew Alberts ($0.600m) /

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)

Eddie Lack ($0.750m)

BUYOUTS

Keith Ballard ($0.000m)

BURIED

David Booth ($3.325m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(estimations for 2013-14 crunched using simulation date of 2013-11-21)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; BONUSES: $8,333

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $812,196

Booth got waived BTW.

Next year I could see:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian (if he works out properly).

Abdelkader-Kesler-Burrows

Wilson-Horvat-Schroeder

Higgins-Santorelli-Hansen

Richardson/Sestito

Hamhuis-Corrado

Edler-Garrison

Stanton-Bieksa

Lu/Lack << :emot-parrot:

Are you serious? You don't know anything about Detroit do you.

They don't need any young D's. If anything, they'd want a veteran. They have good young ones.

And even still, that's a horrid-ass trade. Abdelkader is a 20-30 point guy lol.

They have 7 LDs on their team did you completely ignore my point? Tanev is a RD..

Telling me I don't know anything about Detroit when Abdelkader works extremely hard every game. He isn't a 4th line goon that you hear about everyday, if you watch some games you'll see he is a top 9 grinder. Always going to the net, and crashing it, he hits he fights.

Amazing role player. Where are you getting your false information from? Keep reading the stats and talk about points when Abdelkader is not a point getter he is grinder. Jeez you're talking out of your ass.

My friend is a huge wings fan in L.A. He follows every game, and he said they don't need Tanev at all. They also have younger guys who are close as well. Veteran guy, sure.

A 3rd line grinder in Abdelkader? Yeah, he is. We already have Hansen to do that though.

Would you really give up a top four for a 3rd line grinder?

My friend is a huge wings fan in L.A. He follows every game, and he said they don't need Tanev at all. They also have younger guys who are close as well. Veteran guy, sure.

A 3rd line grinder in Abdelkader? Yeah, he is. We already have Hansen to do that though.

Would you really give up a top four for a 3rd line grinder?

Like who? Sproul? Jensen? Jensen is still ways away from making it to the NHL.

Abdelkader>>>>>Hansen. Abdelkader is a great fit for our team, younger Callahan with less tools is what he is. 26 years old PWF/Grinder call him what you want he is very versatile and really plays his role well. Abdelkader>>>Kassian aswell.

I would do Tanev for Abdelkader because we have Corrado who has physicality than Tanev. This way we can move around with our players, Abdelkader, Hansen, Higgins, Santo, Richardson, Kassian all really good 3rd liners and upgrade.

Archived