The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Student Loans (Help please)

"Bull" Horvat

Hi guys/gals,

Just wondering if anyone has had the experience of applying for Student Loans and had to get some sort of declaration signed by some place in Victoria, which requires mailing and whatsoever. Can you provide some info/details of the process and wait time? I need this done by the 13th of December as I've just got accepted for the CA program at VCC

Cheers

Hi guys/gals,

Just wondering if anyone has had the experience of applying for Student Loans and had to get some sort of declaration signed by some place in Victoria, which requires mailing and whatsoever. Can you provide some info/details of the process and wait time? I need this done by the 13th of December as I've just got accepted for the CA program at VCC

Cheers

Talk to the college and see if they have any info. They might also have information on bursaries or grants that can help take the sting off of paying loans back (students are getting absolutely hosed these days so everything helps). After that you should probably speak to a few different banks to see if there any special plans you can take advantage of.

Hmm you probably won't make the deadline. I know for September and January start dates, it takes about 5-6 weeks to process. But since it's not a busy time for processing applications, it should process quickly. I'd say anywhere from 3-4 weeks from personal experience.

Worst case scenario you'll probably pay a small late fee on top of your tuition. At UBC it's $35 each month I believe. Just let VCC know about your situation and they may even defer payment for a little while.

i've applied for student loans and bursaries weeks and weeks after the application date and never had any issue

not sure why you'd come to CDC for this information, especially considering it's so vague

just google it or call the school

School told me to forget going to the financial aid services and just do everything online. Would like a bit more personal guidance but oh wells it is what it is...

Archived