The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GMMG wants to wait and see this team

jejejester

Gillis on trades: "I wanna see our full team play together. I'd like to see our team a little bit more before we start jumping the gun." -team1040

Guess 2.5 years hasn't been enough time to see this team, before making a trade

This is just lip service, plain and simple. With the cap this season, there isn't much Gill can do anyway.

What is going to say?

He is looking at every opportunity, but to say I am going to trade someone while this team is struggling mentally, could do more harm than good.

We've been saying this very same excuse for 3 years now. It is far from the truth.

We've been saying this very same excuse for 3 years now. It is far from the truth.

I kind of agree, the problem is someone from the core needs to go for an equal or greater return. I think that's what he has been wanting to do for a while and can't get it done.

You posters above are all doom and gloom...

it wouldn't matter what Gillis does or doesn't do you'll still be...

doom and gloom.

Canucks may not be winning right now but they're playing a better brand of hockey and playing with some emotion.

They're just getting comfortable with their new system - Give it a chance!

I think the core is fine, Gillis just needs to improve the bottom half of the roster.

The problem with the core is we have 1 to many top 4 left d and have a need for a top 6 forward, and this hasn't been addressed. I'm most concern about this teams ability to score in the playoffs. This has been a serious problem since the Boston series.

You posters above are all doom and gloom...

it wouldn't matter what Gillis does or doesn't do you'll still be...

doom and gloom.

Canucks may not be winning right now but they're playing a better brand of hockey and playing with some emotion.

They're just getting comfortable with their new system - Give it a chance!

That doesn't matter if you're not winning. I agree that the current team is capable of more, but they'll still be in a race for a wild card spot.

Unless something amazing falls in his lap, Gillis wasn't doing anything other than minor tweaks this year regardless of where we are in the standings. If you guys didn't see that coming months ago...

May as well tank for a top 10 pick then. At least we can get something of value if this team isn't going to make the playoffs.... And I can tell you they aren't with the players they have right now and how good the other teams are in the west. They need a top 6 scorer. If they don't get a guy who can score on the rush, get 30ish goals a season consistently, they're done.

Archived