The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

No Kassian with twins for now.

Tangerines

Well then here's a more realistic way of doing it.

The Canucks currently have 5 defencemen capable of playing top-4, 20+ minutes in Hamhuis, Edler, Bieksa, Tanev and Garrison. They have 4 defencemen who can play a solid 15-18 minutes as a bottom pairing role in Stanton, Alberts, Weber and Corrado. Andrew Alberts has been a healthy scratch for almost every single game because we have 1 extra very-good defenceman. Meanwhile, we're missing that 1 very-good top-6 forward.

Simply trade a top-4 defenceman for a top-6 forward. Teams need defencemen. Teams have said they need top defencemen. We have a plethora of them.

MG, it's not a hard trade to make. The way Tortorella's defence is coached, any chum playing on defence will look good. See Stanton, Weber and even Alberts right now. However, his system is tough on forwards and for whatever reason they aren't scoring as much as they should be. That's where the GM needs to make a change to help out his team and coaching staff.

So you actually believe Tanev can get us the 70+ point type the op is talking about? Did it work in EA or something? I doubt Tanev would get us a 70 point pending ufa at the trade deadline as a rental. Our other four d-men have ntc's. I realize most here choose to ignore them as meaningless but they actually do matter. Particularly when you consider MG has said he won't ask players to waive their ntc (something else most here choose to ignore). Btw, it would be nescassary to trade a player with an ntc just to gain the cap space to have room for the type of guy the op wants in return which puts us right back to MG's declaration.

Almost there but I think come February he will be a solid stick with the Twins who are actually hitting guys. gotta love Torts & the way he trains. Gonna turn Kass into a thoroughbred..

Seeing the twins hit is awesome. I felt they took more of a shutdown role vs Edmonton. If they can crash and bang with Kassian on their wing, it would be awesome!

Not saying Kass should be on a line with the Sedins yet. I actually think he is fine with Richie and Booth for now. Although I don't think Hansen is cutting it on the first line at all. We can definitely use a top six scorer with the Sedins right now and for the playoffs. Gillis seems to like the team the way it is though. Wonder if he'll make a move or do nothing.

Hank had 31 assists in his 3rd NHL season,alone.

110 NHL games later and Zach has 11 assists.

Dan had 20 goals in his first NHL season when he was 20 years old.

110 games later and Zach has 16 goals-five with the twins.

When Kesler was 23 years old he scored 21 goals and added 16 assists.

Zach will be 23 years old in a month's time so he is at the cusp of delivery or disappointment.

Haha this is stupid.

Kassian, Sedins, and Kesler play a different style of game. If you're comparing them, that means you see Zack as a potential elite player.

It is actually impressive the Kassian is able to produce more goals than he did while he was with the Sedins under 3rd/4th line minutes and players. But still, while he was with the Sedins, he was ABLE to produce at a great pace.

Bertuzzi didn't hit his prime until he was around 24-25.

Kass just isn't great at anything. For all the talk about his hands and playmaking, he has 1 assist and is always losing the puck. He doesn't hit much, not a good skater.

The occasional good game or dangerous shift comes to all players, Kass can be incosistent, but this is getting ridiculous. 7 points? really? I don't care what line you are playing on, that is brutal.

The only regular player this year, that Kass has more points than, is Tom Sestito....

Haha this is stupid.

If you're comparing them, that means you see Zack as a potential elite player.

The game is all stats as they track performance.

I am comparing them because this is the 'Kassian with Twins' thread,illustrating that in his third NHL campaign Kassian is not showing anything but mitt-throwing at an elite level.

Archived