The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT 2-1 loss to Preds

Ryan kesler the beast

I love it when some people call others "haters" when they make valid and realistic comments/observations about the team but are tough to stomach.. So instead, let's throw the "hater" quip at these people so that its easier to get to bed at night.

Wake up people. This team may make the playoffs this year and following years but they are descending into mediocrity I under MG's watch and if you can't see this and call it what it is then best bury your head deeper and get off the forums where you wish to call others haters for not drinking Canucks brand koolaid.

I think all of us want to see this team do well.. Its just that some of us don't need a warm blanket to make us feel better after a loss or when its clear that the team as an organization is deteriorating. Its actually hard for me as a fan to see people who still try so hard to defend their degredation and call other people haters for not thinking everything is OK.. Get a friggin clue.

We broke so many bad records this season, whats another?

But hmmm don't worry guys, were playing the Flames in the first round of the playoffs followed by the Oilers and it honestly doesn't matter who we play in the third round because the team overachieved anyhow....

In all honestly I didnt think we would lose to the Preds... lack of PP production is etrocious regardless of "how good" they look and lack of offence is also disguisting... these are things which haven't been addressed since the Boston series and it doesn't look like they will be fixed anytime soon; it feels we will see more sour times before we see anything sweet out of this team, but hope I'm wrong.

2 goals in 30 power plays is ugh... and we scored less goals(8) in 7 games than all the goals scored on us by the Ducks in one game... this team doesn't stand a chance vs any half decent team and dont believe we have any chances against Cup contender power house teams.

I think you misunderstood my post. You can compare it with Chicago's defense, point production is an offensive stat. So compare Garrison vs Keiths shutdown abilities and whatnot. That is what I am talking about. And our defense have proven to be greater than St Louis as can be seen from the wins over them. So try again.

lol from the 2 wins against them where we beat them by one goal? ok

San Jose's defense is better than ours with that logic then I guess since we haven't beaten them once yet this year

lol from the 2 wins against them where we beat them by one goal? ok

San Jose's defense is better than ours with that logic then I guess since we haven't beaten them once yet this year

Hows this for logic. We beat St Louis they have significantly more offensive power than us. We won. Deduction. Defense is better.

San Jose has significantly better offense then ours and as good defense. Deduction. Our defense as good but no offense to match San Jose. Try again.

Hows this for logic. We beat St Louis they have significantly more offensive power than us. We won. Deduction. Defense is better.

San Jose has significantly better offense then ours and as good defense. Deduction. Our defense as good but no offense to match San Jose. Try again.

If you seriously think our defense is better than St Louis, the best defensive team in the entire league, then just lol

Florida beat Pittsburght the other day, guess that means they're better

If you seriously think our defense is better than St Louis, the best defensive team in the entire league, then just lol

Funny how your response has no reasoning other than "just lol". I argue from logic. You argue from your ass. And the point was we have a championship calibre back end. Does not mean we have the only one. But again comprehension is hard for some people.

Edit. The point is the Canucks have what it takes to go all the way when the scoring comes.

Funny how your response has no reasoning other than "just lol". I argue from logic. You argue from your ass. And the point was we have a championship calibre back end. Does not mean we have the only one. But again comprehension is hard for some people.

your argument is that because we have beaten a team twice it means we're better than them

Florida has beaten Pittsburgh twice this year, Florida is not a better team than Pittsburgh

shut up

your argument is that because we have beaten a team twice it means we're better than them

Florida has beaten Pittsburgh twice this year, Florida is not a better team than Pittsburgh

shut up

That was my argument to supplement the claim: We have championship calibre back end. Which my argument satisfactorily did. What does Florida beating Pittsburgh have anything to do with the Canucks quality of defence? You seem to be arguing against Canucks being the best team. That is not my point. MY point is the Canucks have the tools to challenge for a championship. But if you want to talk about the Pittsburgh point. That team is built off scorers not defence or goaltending as their loss to the Boston Bruins defence can attest to. So when a team like Florida is going to score on a team with extremely mediocre defence when their offence is not producing(as Crosby claimed that night) they are going to lose. You will claim defensive stats go ahead. But remember how much pressure it takes off the backend when your offence spends lots of time in their zone.

But this isn't black and white. Its a grey area because of who is injured. If you have a lot of 3rd 4th liners injured compared to your best players being injured. There is a huge difference.

That makes sense except that with the exception of Hank and maybe Kes, this whole team is 3rd and 4th liners.

Archived