The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT]Another Loss

Ryan kesler the beast

Got any in color? :P

Like Stawns, I've been a fan long enough to have seen good times as well as the bad old days when the Canucks couldn't eke out a win to save their skins. I also remember when all the team had were the lunchbucket crew and very little talent to speak of yet they brought their heart and soul to every damned game. Yes, we have talent out the wazoo here, but the lunchbucket mentality is gone...and that's what wins games.

I respect the viewpoint of every fan here but to have someone call old-time fans out and call those of us who look at things with a slightly different slant a bandwagoner because someone like stawns mentions something that doesn't sit well with the rest of the fans frankly pisses me off. You want respect? Act respectful in return and you may actually receive it. We're not saying stuff because we want to "talk down to you", we're saying it because we've seen our team go through slumps like this before and the same old same old schtick is getting old. We've heard it from Tom Watt, Bob McCammon, Pat Quinn, Rick Ley - hell all the coaches we've had so far. We've either had no talent but a lot of hard workers or we've had a talented team that coasted.

You say that the 2011 team gave it their all and came up short? What I saw was a team that self-destructed in Game 7. I didn't see the team in 94 on the ice which gave their blood, sweat, toil and tears up until the final whistle - Linden who put his team on his shoulders and kept them to within one goal and you don't think that the 94 team wasn't banged up? Even the 82 team, though they got blown out 4 games to 0, fought. Even with their backs against the wall, they went down fighting and at least potted one in Game 4 to go down 3-1. 2011 team got blown out 4-0 in Game 7 because they mentally folded like a deck of cards.

Yes, most old-timers like stawns and others who have been watching this team this long want to see results from this team. I've watched this team for 43 years and I would really like to see our team win a Stanley Cup before I end up pushing up daisies. You wanna tell us to shut up and cheer for the team without questioning their motivation and their direction. Sorry, but this fan isn't going to sit down and keep quiet just to keep you guys happy. Don't like it? Tough.

Good post, puck.

The main thing I would say to younger members here is that they don't have the perspective the older guys do. I don't mean that as a criticism, of course. Like anything else, it's just the experience of having seen a lot more things. Some people don't understand how hard it is to end up at bottom of the standings and the team having to pull itself out of those depths. It's tough, and the only thing the other 29 teams throw your way are anchors. Being down in the standings with some assets and prospects is one thing; being down with little of either is akin to death. The Canucks have been there before several times and it's not pretty. I support the Canucks, but at the same time I find any entity difficult to support when people within the organization are unwilling to do their job, whether staff or players. Laziness does not qualify to get my continued support. Throw in an air of entitlement and self-righteousness and you've done just about everything to alienate me. Be proactive and stay on top of things. Operate from a position of strength. But unfortunately at this time all the team is able to do is deal out excuse cards. Many of us have seen this before. It doesn't end well.

Hey guys, it's time to take notice of this...from all sides. It's an "agreeing to disagree" thing. Doesn't matter- old fans, new fans, those who support the team and those who currently do not support what they're seeing: it's time to move past the "who has it right/wrong" argument because it's simply a matter of what's right for each and every one of us. There is no "wrong" in this.

This petty fighting over whose stance is right/wrong won't ever be proven because they're all just opinions. So please take heed of this and move on.

It's time to take the comments back to the game/team which is the topic at hand, not the fans and how they react to the game. Because there comes a time everyone has to agree to disagree in order to move forward. Post Game Thread.

Archived