The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cougars sold to investors, Hamhuis is one

When Harkins is 19 the Cougars are going to be scary good. I think they'll be ranked.

Harkins, Morrison, Babych, Hopkins, Bethune, Boyd, Olson, Collins will all be 19. McDonald, Anderson, Grant will be 18 and then you have potential over-agers in Ruopp and Emmonds. These guys already compose the majority of this team and they were good enough to finish 3rd in the division. Two years from now? Would be crazy. IF we can manage to keep the majority of these guys. Of course I'm sure we'll have some young talent coming up and playing on the roster. Guys like Almedia (if he grows) and Martin have good potential. If we can keep Harkins, Morrison, Bethune, Olson, McDonald, Anderson, Ruopp, and Emmonds then that team will be scary.

Oh btw Morrison is one hell of a player. Whoever drafts him this year is going to get a steal. The rate at which he has improved this year is scary. He's going to be in the NHL one day. Could absolutely see him being a top 6 forward in the show one day.

Anderson too. He is going to be special. He's a monster. I think he could be a 1st round pick next year.

When Harkins is 19 the Cougars are going to be scary good. I think they'll be ranked.

Harkins, Morrison, Babych, Hopkins, Bethune, Boyd, Olson, Collins will all be 19. McDonald, Anderson, Grant will be 18 and then you have potential over-agers in Ruopp and Emmonds. These guys already compose the majority of this team and they were good enough to finish 3rd in the division. Two years from now? Would be crazy. IF we can manage to keep the majority of these guys. Of course I'm sure we'll have some young talent coming up and playing on the roster. Guys like Almedia (if he grows) and Martin have good potential. If we can keep Harkins, Morrison, Bethune, Olson, McDonald, Anderson, Ruopp, and Emmonds then that team will be scary.

Oh btw Morrison is one hell of a player. Whoever drafts him this year is going to get a steal. The rate at which he has improved this year is scary. He's going to be in the NHL one day. Could absolutely see him being a top 6 forward in the show one day.

Anderson too. He is going to be special. He's a monster. I think he could be a 1st round pick next year.

Yeah its been a long time since I've been this excited for the cougs future. I remember going to go see the good teams in the late 90's /early 00's with my grandparents (season ticket holders since day one) whenever I was allowed to join them for the 2hr trip to PG. Since then it's been rough we've had a few good teams and players but not nearly this deep and strong of a team. I'm really looking forward to seeing what this team can do in the playoffs and next year.

Totally agree with you on Morrison kids a beast Edmonds too heck Ty's one of the best goalies we've had in years

• 2 months later...

I actually don't mind that and like that they kept the jersey looking similar to the old one.

The logo looks ok IMO its the text beneath it that I hate, all the old jersey's looked nice largely because of having the text as part of the logo not just attached below it

The logo looks ok IMO its the text beneath it that I hate, all the old jersey's looked nice largely because of having the text as part of the logo not just attached below it

I think being a non Cougar fan helps with liking it in my case at least.

I can definitely understand how the text below would be odd to a Cougars fan. On the plus side the font at least is nice.

I think being a non Cougar fan helps with liking it in my case at least.

I can definitely understand how the text below would be odd to a Cougars fan. On the plus side the font at least is nice.

Thats true 99% of Cougars fans I know haaaate the new logo/Jersey's. I guess it could definitely be worse but I think it'll take a really good season or two for people to warm up to it.

FTR here's the previous logo's

Prince-George-Cougars-Logo-History.jpg

Thats true 99% of Cougars fans I know haaaate the new logo/Jersey's. I guess it could definitely be worse but I think it'll take a really good season or two for people to warm up to it.

FTR here's the previous logo's

Prince-George-Cougars-Logo-History.jpg

I was never big on the 96-09 logo but the 09-15 logo was awesome.

I love that the Cougars always seem to have more of an evolution type logo change as opposed to a complete overhaul.

Surprised they went with this much of a change this time around. I think in time the fans in PG will like it.

• 4 weeks later...

4 Cougars players where drafted this year including Tate Olsen to the Nucks.

Harkins is a steal for WPG in 2nd round he's going to great for them.

Morrison's constantly stepping his game up and stands a fair chance of being a solid player at the NHL level.

Sam is a great leader and a huge physical presence on the blueline he should a solid player for them if he makes the show

Olson is an interesting pick he's good at most things but great at nothing really his hockey sense is good and he can throw his weight around it'll be really cool to follow his career now that he's a Canucks prospect.

crop_27462176_27_1435430419.jpeg

http://pgcougars.com/article/four-prince-george-cougars-selected-in-the-2015-nhl-draft

• 8 months later...

Archived