The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Poll/ Discussion] Nylander vs. Ehlers; only 2 options for Canucks at #6

canucks155

Who should the Canucks draft at #6  

233 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

replying with an image without much facts to back up your claim makes me think you are just a 10 years old kid...

so far you had failed to bring up anything more than your biased opinion about picking a lower ranked prospect.

Saying Ritchie scores goals because he's big shows you're 9.

Nylander won't be passed by NYI.

Dal Colle has terrible attitude problems.

and if it's Ehlers or Ritchie we definitely reluctantly pick Ritchie

I sincerly hope Nylander isn't gone by our pick, But if he is, Why the hell would we pick Ritchie over Ehlers. Nylander is better than Ehlers, But Ehlers is MUCH better than Ritchie. Comparing someone who can only score because he's 6'3, 230 pounds to someone who is actually skilled like Ehlers, is an absolute joke.

I sincerly hope Nylander isn't gone by our pick, But if he is, Why the hell would we pick Ritchie over Ehlers. Nylander is better than Ehlers, But Ehlers is MUCH better than Ritchie. Comparing someone who can only score because he's 6'3, 230 pounds to someone who is actually skilled like Ehlers, is an absolute joke.

Ritchie passses way better than Ehlers get a clue

Yea best wrist shot in the draft but let's pick princess Ehlers ahhaha

I would take Ritchie if Ehlers is gone. Ritchie is just a really risky pick. Especially in the top 10. Ehlers looks like a bona fide top 6 winger in the nhl. Much more safe.

HA. HA. HA. Are you seriously trying to tell me that you think Ritchie is a better passer than Ehlers? Excuse me, what are you on? You obviously know little to nothing about hockey.

Plays more dota than watch Hockey probably that's why.

HA. HA. HA. Are you seriously trying to tell me that you think Ritchie is a better passer than Ehlers? Excuse me, what are you on? You obviously know little to nothing about hockey.

LOL get a clue son and watch some tape the guy passes full length saucers passes at full speed.

ridiculous comments + recent join date = recently banned from the forum.

Its not a ridiculous comment

The reason Bob Mckenzie has him 6th on his draft list is a sublime wrist shot and his insane passing.

Ehlers played with Drouin and has the most inflated numbers in the history of the QMJHL

LOL get a clue son and watch some tape the guy passes full length saucers passes at full speed.

Actually I have watched some vids on Ritchie, and I just watched another one as well. There were no "full length saucer passes at full speed" so I don't know what you're talking about. Only 1 or 2 passes even slightly impressed me, the rest I was pretty much yawning at. The only one who needs to get a clue here is you.

My opinion:

Ehlers low end (if he doesn't bust) - Carl Hagelin type with a bit more natural offensive talent

Ehlers high end - Nyquist type player of player style wise, with Gaborik like upside (in his prime/peak)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nylander low end (if he doesn't bust) - Current Ales Hemsky

Nylander high end - Claude Giroux

I actually agree with that quite abit. Nylander could easily become a quicker/faster version of Claude Giroux. Although, His playstyle is extremely similar to Patrick Kane, and I could also see him developing into a Patrick Kane type superstar if Vancouver becomes a good fit for him.

Ehlers played with Drouin and has the most inflated numbers in the history of the QMJHL

Well then. You learn something new every day...

He may have inflated #'s but at least he has better skills than anybody outside the top 5. If he can add a bit more weight (15Ibs) and commit to playing defense, he would be the best player in the draft other than maybe Ekblad.

Well then. You learn something new every day...

He may have inflated #'s but at least he has better skills than anybody outside the top 5. If he can add a bit more weight (15Ibs) and commit to playing defense, he would be the best player in the draft other than maybe Ekblad.

He has better skills than anybody outside of the top 5? Well, then I really hope you're reffering to Nylander as being inside the top 5 (As he has been speculated to go any within #3 - #6 in the draft. Otherwise, your wrong.

He has better skills than anybody outside of the top 5? Well, then I really hope you're reffering to Nylander as being inside the top 5 (As he has been speculated to go any within #3 - #6 in the draft. Otherwise, your wrong.

Nylander > Ehlers in puck handling and passing

Ehlers > Nylander in shooting and skating (better balance, speed, agility, etc)

Both are close to the same level in all 4 categories, but Ehlers has the most important 2 in shot and speed.

I see Nylander as almost exactly the same player as Strome, except smaller. I don't really like Strome and think he's not going to succeed in the NHL.

I see Ehlers as Patrick Kane or Pavel Bure. All have great shots and tremendous amounts of speed and can handle the puck at these speeds.

Archived