The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) 99 Flashback

I'd much rather Tanev then corrado. Trade extra picks but keep Tanev.

I disagree. Kadri Phaneuf and 8th is much better then garrison and 6th. Adding Hansen and a 2nd makes it closer and I think Florida would bite. Any less and they say no.

Well, they don't need another young center, and Phaneuf's contract is atrocious. And that package had Jovo rumoured to be coming back as a cap dump. Not to mention the rumour around town is they are asking for Tanev and a 6th and we're trying to give them Garrison instead, but if they only want Tanev (aka the why wouldn't they take Raymond versus Grabner argument) then Corrado won't sell them on the deal even with more picks that they don't need anyway if they want to win now. Hansen and the 36th overall on top of that? No thanks.

But the rest is a matter of opinion. ::D

Well, they don't need another young center, and Phaneuf's contract is atrocious. And that package had Jovo rumoured to be coming back as a cap dump. Not to mention the rumour around town is they are asking for Tanev and a 6th and we're trying to give them Garrison instead, but if they only want Tanev (aka the why wouldn't they take Raymond versus Grabner argument) then Corrado won't sell them on the deal even with more picks that they don't need anyway if they want to win now. Hansen and the 36th overall on top of that? No thanks.

But the rest is a matter of opinion. ::D

True but most centers can also play wing and having a lot of players that can play center is very useful. Ok fair enough but I would give them Garrison and corrado before I give them Tanev. I am most likely overrrating Tanev but I think he is going to be a great defenseman. He already is very good. I would hate to move him and watch him become the best d man on another team. Tanev and 6th overall for 1st overall I would only do if we select Ekblad. Otherwise no way.

So depth for the 1st overall-good luck with that.

Yes the Ducks like Kes, but that is a steep price. Apart from the Kesler deal you're trading spare parts for the 1st overall. Again good luck.

I must say I like the idea though of getting the 1st and 2nd overall.

But you see how you don't like the idea of Horvat being dealt, why would the Panthers fans want to lmiss out on SR or AE for that package?

I've noticed that when I see a particularly un-realistic proposal, if I ask the poster why he thinks the other team would do a trade like that, the answer is always the same....

Depth,

The answer to all the worlds problems,

Archived