The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] Abbotsford's Jake Virtanen Stoked at Idea of Being a Canuck

Canucks

I am cautiously optimistic on Virtanen as many scouts have said he is a hit or miss prospect. He definitely has more upside and fits the game we are looking to play, but is it worth the risk? My take? If we can somehow get the #1 pick & also move Kes for another top 10 pick I would do it in a heart beat. He WANTS to play for the Canucks and his shoulder is healing ahead of schedule. Odds are, he will not be with us next year which gives him more time to heal while continuing to mature. Could be the steal of the draft.

I am cautiously optimistic on Virtanen as many scouts have said he is a hit or miss prospect. He definitely has more upside and fits the game we are looking to play, but is it worth the risk? My take? If we can somehow get the #1 pick & also move Kes for another top 10 pick I would do it in a heart beat. He WANTS to play for the Canucks and his shoulder is healing ahead of schedule. Odds are, he will not be with us next year which gives him more time to heal while continuing to mature. Could be the steal of the draft.

This. Virtanen could be a "grand slam" pick or at best a 2/3 liner. He has the tools and reminds me of Iginla. He needs to hone his skills for another year in jr and at least a year in the AHL. If we have the assets and if it makes sense then we should try and move up. If not I'm fine with that. I trust Lindens vision, Bennings knack for talent and Desjardins guidance and leadership. Hopefully we can compete for the Stanley Cup sooner than later and have a parade around Stanley Park :P

Oh man, I'm getting scared we're actually going to draft him at 6 now. I heard he projects to be a raffi torres, which is something I don't want with a pick this high. If one of the top 5 don't fall, I wanted nylander or ehlers. Canucks looking to draft disappoint again, unless they land the 1st overall pick. :(

Oh man, I'm getting scared we're actually going to draft him at 6 now. I heard he projects to be a raffi torres, which is something I don't want with a pick this high. If one of the top 5 don't fall, I wanted nylander or ehlers. Canucks looking to draft disappoint again, unless they land the 1st overall pick. :(

Who said he projects to be a raffi Torres? Sit down and watch his youtube, he's no raffi.

That's just Buttons opinion.

It is not about the "Best" anymore it is about pieces of the puzzle. Trev and Jim stated they have a drafting agenda now and it is not who is best at that picking position. You see that with the DET,BOS and Chi picks.

Atta boy Jake look forward to you making the team in the near future!.

Archived