The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] Abbotsford's Jake Virtanen Stoked at Idea of Being a Canuck

Canucks

I dont know..but you wont sway me and Im not swaying you...lol

It's possible for you to sway me haha B)

I just think it's debatable because they are very similar

I'd say Ritchie has the better slap shot but Virtanen has the better wrister

I heard/read that as well..he doesnt like the Nux and doesnt want to be one..

from this forum but worthy of consideration...why bring in a discontent....but we dont know for sure...

Lups

Canucks Star

• photo-thumb-85667.png?_r=1402665705
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 8,253 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:01 PM

I don't normally do this, but I know Michael Dal Colle. He's my buddies cousin. He hates Vancouver with a passion and really does not want to play here. Whether you believe me or not I don't care but take that for whats it's worth. I've stated how I've known him a few times in the past.

Think about it from their prospective. Every player has teams they love and hate growing up. The hate teams just like you and I.

And the reason for his hate??

from this forum but worthy of consideration...why bring in a discontent....but we dont know for sure...

Lups

Canucks Star

• Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 8,253 posts

I don't normally do this, but I know Michael Dal Colle. He's my buddies cousin. He hates Vancouver with a passion and really does not want to play here. Whether you believe me or not I don't care but take that for whats it's worth. I've stated how I've known him a few times in the past.

Think about it from their prospective. Every player has teams they love and hate growing up. The hate teams just like you and I.

If that's the case, then the we can flip it. You pick the BPA. That prick should just be happy to be drafted to a solid organization. I don't like Boston but if I were drafted by them they would become my favourite team pretty quickly.

I just don't understand why some people are so friggin against drafting Virtanen at 6. It's exactly where he's expected to go and he's a hometown kid. We have been burned so many times in the past by not drafting local kids. It fits like a friggin glove this time around. And if Virtanen is still around at pick 6 and the Canucks don't trade up then I hope we take Virtanen.

I just don't understand why some people are so friggin against drafting Virtanen at 6. It's exactly where he's expected to go and he's a hometown kid. We have been burned so many times in the past by not drafting local kids. It fits like a friggin glove this time around. And if Virtanen is still around at pick 6 and the Canucks don't trade up then I hope we take Virtanen.

Exactly

People act like there's this huge gap between Virtanen, Ehlers, Nylander, Ritchie, etc.

They're all on very similar levels in terms of development, some are just better in certain areas.

Lups

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,253 posts

I always thought about that. It's only logical that some players would hate some franchises. I'm sure he would love to play anywhere but still, if he doesn't like Vancouver, he doesn't like Vancouver. He'll probably try to jump ship as soon as he can.

Archived