The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should leashed dogs be allowed on transit?

Chalky

it has already been mentioned but the whole argument of allergies is a moot point. Owners can already bring their pets on the transit system so long as they are in a carrier.

Now whether they should be allowed on just plainly on a leash? I'd vote no. Too many issues could arise from them.

While we are on this topic: Dogs in stores (excluding pet stores)?

There was one day where I saw 3 or 4 different dogs in Chapters. I just found this kind of bizarre since I would never think to take my dog there. When Rogers Video was still around, we used to walk our dog there and one person would stay outside with the puppy while the other went in. Then the guy working at the front desk came out and told us that our puppy could go in, which I believe we declined because my dog was still at that stage where getting excited = uncontrolled piddles. But yeah, even as a fullly grown dog, she doesn't get to come inside with us when we go get coffee, pop into the grocery store, etc.

Long story short: Is it socially acceptable to bring dogs into any store you want as long as there isn't a sign saying you can't?

If the store is cool with it, sure. If you don't like stores that do that, don't go in?

That said the trains are a public area, not a private on. And dog owners in Vancouver are already pretty lousy at following existing dog etiquette rules, so no way should we be expanding them.

Archived